Ant SignJar task problem in 1.7.0

Discussion in 'Java' started by NickDG, Oct 18, 2007.

  1. NickDG

    NickDG Guest

    We used to have Ant 1.6.x with which we signed our JARs for use with
    Webstart. Recently we upgraded to Eclipse 3.3.0 and that comes with
    Ant 1.7.0.

    Now we discovered that our JARs aren't signed correctly any more.

    In the output there now appears a request for the pass phrase for each
    JAR:

    [...]
    [signjar] Signing JAR: C:\projects\nokeos\nokeos.war\client\lib\client
    \commons-validator__V1.3.0.jar to C:\projects\nokeos\nokeos.war\client
    \lib\client\c
    ommons-validator__V1.3.0.jar as OurAlias
    [signjar] Warning: The signer certificate will expire within six
    months.
    [signjar] Enter Passphrase for keystore:
    [signjar] Signing JAR: C:\projects\nokeos\nokeos.war\client\lib
    \client\jakarta-oro__V2.0.8.jar to C:\projects\nokeos\nokeos.war\client
    \lib\client\jakarta
    -oro__V2.0.8.jar as OurAlias
    [signjar] Warning: The signer certificate will expire within six
    months.
    [signjar] Enter Passphrase for keystore:
    [...]

    These are the targets that work with 1.6.5:

    <target name="sign_jars" depends="generate_keystore">
    <signjar keystore="keystore" alias="OurAlias" storepass="xyz"
    verbose="no" lazy="yes">
    <fileset refid="fileset.web.client" />
    </signjar>
    </target>

    <target name="generate_keystore" depends="check_keystore"
    unless="keystore_exists">
    <genkey alias="OurAlias" storepass="xyz" keystore="keystore">
    <param name="CN" value="OurCommonName" />
    </dname>
    </genkey>
    </target>

    What's wrong?

    NickDG, Oct 18, 2007

  2. On Oct 18, 9:07 pm, NickDG <> wrote:
    > What's wrong?

    Dunno. Been signing Jar's all evening using Ant 1.7.
    No problem whatsoever.

    You got an SSCCE that replicates this behaviour you
    observe?

    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Oct 18, 2007