an't start a thread Pool from another thread

Discussion in 'Python' started by Glazner, Jan 6, 2010.

  1. Glazner

    Glazner Guest

    Hi all,
    I hope someone can help me with this issue
    I see that i can't start a thread Pool from another thread, why?

    running python 2.6.4 windowsXP
    >>> import multiprocessing.dummy as threads
    >>> def makePool():

    threads.Pool(3)

    >>> makePool()
    >>> import thread
    >>> thread.start_new(makePool,())

    Unhandled exception in thread started by <function makePool at
    0x011EA670>
    6960

    Glazner, Jan 6, 2010