Ant wsdl2java namespacemappingfile attribute doesn't work

Discussion in 'Java' started by DaveJ, May 21, 2007.

  1. DaveJ

    DaveJ Guest

    Hi,

    I'm trynig to execute axis-wsdl2java as a target in my ant makefile.
    The problem is the mapping file attribute doesn't seem to work. The
    wsdl files are compiled to java files, but the default package name is
    still being used, instead of the one specified in my mapping file.

    If I execute WSDL2Java from the command line and supply the mapping
    file the java files are compiled into the correct package.

    My mapping file looks like this:
    http://mobile.device.com/device=com.device.mobile.api

    And the target looks like this:
    <axis-wsdl2java output="${build}/wsdl" all="true"
    namespacemappingfile="/tmp/mapping.file" url="third-party/wsdl/
    Device.wsdl">
    </axis-wsdl2java>

    Any ideas?
    DaveJ, May 21, 2007

  2. PÃ¥ Mon, 21 May 2007 15:57:42 +0200, skrev DaveJ <>:
    > Any ideas?

    Yes, drop Axis like a rotten piece of fruit and use XFire instead.
    Tor Iver Wilhelmsen, May 22, 2007

  3. DaveJ

    p.lechev

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Had the same problem, took me awhile to figure it out, but if your namespace name happens to have colons you must escape them with \

    example:

    http\://my.company.com=com.mynewpackage

    (sorry for reviving old posts, but the comment above isn't very helpful and threads like this still appear in Google searches, so hopefully this will help somebody facing the same problem)
    p.lechev, Nov 4, 2010