Anti Virus Linux tool with a Java API?

techtitch

I am building a J2EE (struts) Java webapp to be served on Linux RedHat
Fedora and need to scan uploaded files for viruses (only 10-20 a day).

I have emailed most of the major vendors and received little response.
All that I have found has just a C or command line API, which is
tricky for our Java routines to interface with.

Does anyone know of a solution - either a peice of software that runs
on Linux (pref. RedHat Fedora, but we could use a different server)
with a Java API?

Alternatively, can anyone recommend ways a Java app could interface
with a command line or C API? The Java RunTime class could presumably
be used, but I can't see how to get results returned.

Surely this is a common problem...

Thanks very much for any time spent reading or replying to this.