Anti-war quotes quiz and protest effects with JavaScript

rgoya

Peace be with you!

About a year ago, I created a JavaScript which turns
any web site into an online anti-war protest:
http://www.geocities.com/rgoya/javascript/PROTEST.HTM

I have recently revamped the anti-war quotes quiz:
http://www.geocities.com/rgoya/javascript/PROTCODE.HTM#usaquiz

Please feel free to
1. Use the script, if you like it
2. link to my pages

WHAT IS JAVASCRIPT?

JavaScript is a text scripting language incorporated into web pages.
It has very powerful abilities to manipulate the page, and provide
viewer interactivity. I have received awards for a previous script
"The Ultimate Original JavaScript Colorshow"

------------------

UP AGAINST THE WAR
This customizable script periodically replaces the title, status bar,
and form element values with various anti-war quotes, and also changes
the bg & text colors. You may also choose to temporarily replace all
the images. After the brief "protest" display, all original values are
restored. An on/off feature is provided to prevent viewer frustration.

UNCLE SAM'S AUNTIE (anti-war quote quiz)
The quotes are split into the actual quote, and who said it.
Then, they are rearranged each time the game is played.
Multiple choice answers are randomly selected for each quote.
Thus, the quotes and answers are never the same.

These JavaScripts were created by Randall Goya for netSperience © 2003.
Permission is granted for free use for non-commercial purposes.
All other rights reserved; contact the author by email at (e-mail address removed)
You may not charge a fee for this script.
A link to my website would be appreciated.
All original code is available at
http://www.geocities.com/rgoya/javascript/PROTCODE.HTM

rgoya

tom

Is it foolish of me to point out that this newsgroup and the Internet
would most definitely be censored, if allowed to exist at all, by the
muslim fundamentalist who are trying to convert or subjugate the
world?

As an illustration, in Afghanistan, under the Taliban, music was not
allowed. Playing a musical instrument could result in imprisonment,
whippings, and even death.

Women were not allowed education nor allowed to hold jobs. Women were
also not allowed to be seen by male doctors under less the doctor was
a close family relative. How many women and girls died due to a lack
of medical care? Ask yourself does your family have a close male
relative who is a health care professional? If not when the muslim
fundamentalist take over, who is going to treat your female relatives?

If you think America started this war, your perspective is wrong.
Iraq is only a batllefield in a much larger global war that has been
started by muslim fundamentalist. Go read the international news at
http://news.google.com/. Sample headlines: over a hundred muslim
teenagers were killed attacking police buildings in Thailand.
Hundreds are killed every week in remote parts of Nigeria due to
religious fighting started by the fundamentalists. The muslim leaders
of the Sudan are exterminating non muslims thorugh the country.
Muslim fundamentalists in the Philippines are a constant danger. And
on and on.

America could remove all of its troops from Iraq and the rest of the
world. We could erect giants walls at our borders and completely shut
ourselves off from the world. It would do nothing to stop the
violence of muslim fundamentalism.

On 1 May 2004, (e-mail address removed) (rgoya) wrote:

keep this off topic shit off the newsgroups, rgoya, you stupid asshole

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

rgoya said:
WHAT IS JAVASCRIPT?

JavaScript is a text scripting language incorporated into web pages.

No. JavaScript is Netscape's ECMAScript implementation and
in no way restricted to a Web user agent. Read the FAQ.

Besides, there are Web documents, not Web pages.

Followup-To comp.lang.javascript

PointedEars

Edward G. Nilges

[email protected] wrote in message news: said:
On 1 May 2004, (e-mail address removed) (rgoya) wrote:

keep this off topic shit off the newsgroups, rgoya, you stupid asshole

Gee, I miss Richard Heathfield, who may be interrogating prisoners for
the British Army in Basra and who isn't posting his focus flames. He
at a minimum knew basic courtesy.

His shit isn't off topic. comp.programming is for programming issues
that don't fit into a subgroup and there is no convenient subgroup for
antiwar scripts. Antiwar scripts are "about" programming in
demonstrate one way to use software for an application that many
people find very worthwhile.

Many office workers feel isolated and depressed by the prowar
sentiments of their managers, who have enough money to send their
children to colleges such that their children don't have to join the
service to pay for school. They find a constructive outlet in creating
screen savers which silently and in a rather attractive fashion
display their feelings about the war.

They aren't, in my view, misusing company property, since Lockean
property is finite, but cycles on a computer that is idle are
effectively infinite. Indeed, both games and political protests are
excellent ways of monitoring the health of a computer system.

Furthermore, if a reader has a problem with the political views
embedded in the software, he has only to get the source and modify it
in a trivial fashion to make a prowar program.

I ask you to retract your vile and foul-mouthed abuse of a good faith
post.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Edward said:
His shit isn't off topic. comp.programming is for programming issues
that don't fit into a subgroup and there is no convenient subgroup for
antiwar scripts.

But this is not only posted to comp.programming but also
crossposted to comp.lang.javascript, comp.lang.java.javascript,
alive.internet.lang.javascript and alt.html (without Followup-To)!

See?
Antiwar scripts are "about" programming in demonstrate one way to use
software for an application that many people find very worthwhile.

They are nothing but a flamebait/troll.

F'up2 poster

PointedEars

Corey Murtagh

Edward said:
Gee, I miss Richard Heathfield, who may be interrogating prisoners for
the British Army in Basra and who isn't posting his focus flames. He
at a minimum knew basic courtesy.
I ask you to retract your vile and foul-mouthed abuse of a good faith
post.

What a hypocrite you are eddie.

Go away you horrid little troll.

Edward G. Nilges

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn said:
But this is not only posted to comp.programming but also
crossposted to comp.lang.javascript, comp.lang.java.javascript,
alive.internet.lang.javascript and alt.html (without Followup-To)!

See?

The code's in javascript. Therefore, the techniques used will be of
interest to javascript members, as well as be of more general interest
to programmers outside the crossposted groups.
They are nothing but a flamebait/troll.
Only because you don't like his politics. Given the extensive number
of groups and of postings that, by default, support military
applications in Usenet as a whole, it is impossible to be politically
neutral simply by intimidating anti-war posters, since the bias is
towards a dysfunction status quo that slants to the right.