    there is an easier way to do this?

    Thanks for your time
    bl8n8r
    bad_knee, Jun 18, 2004

  2. bad_knee wrote:
    > I'm looking for a way to check mail on a pop3 server against something
    > like a Spamcop (http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml> blacklist before I
    > download it.
    > Anyone have some simple ideas?

    I did an antispam program in perl that checked the host which handed
    over the mail into our company network ("Received: "). I had a list of
    host names and networks that originated spam. I also had some means to
    check for From: and Subject: patterns.
    It was based on IMAP, though.

    --
    Josef Möllers (Pinguinpfleger bei FSC)
    -- T. Pratchett
    Josef Moellers, Jun 18, 2004

  3. bad_knee

    John Bokma Guest

    bad_knee wrote:

    > I'm looking for a way to check mail on a pop3 server against something
    > like a Spamcop (http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml> blacklist before I
    > download it.
    > Anyone have some simple ideas?
    >
    > I tried building Spamassassin on solaris 9 sparc yesterday and make
    > test produced
    > a lot of errors about versions. Upgraded to perl5.8 and of course now
    > have to download/rebuild all the extra modules added in 5.6. I bet
    > there is an easier way to do this?

    Go with SpamAssassin, it's great, and does much more than blacklist
    checking. You can add your own rules, see
    http://johnbokma.com/spam/spamassassin-cookbook.html

    for some examples.

    --
    John MexIT: http://johnbokma.com/mexit/