Any 3state Check Tree Ctrl for wxPython available?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Petr Prikryl, Oct 17, 2005.

  1. Petr Prikryl

    Petr Prikryl Guest

    Hi,

    I am experimenting with wxPython on Windows box.
    What I need to implement is a check tree control
    with 3 states for each checkbox: unchecked, checked,
    gray checked. The status of the checkbox should reflect
    the status of the children. When ALL children are checked,
    then the status should be checked. When NO children
    are checked, the status should be unchecked. When
    SOME children are selected, the status should be
    checked with gray background.

    I have found something else that could be valuable
    after I start understand that:

    http://mitglied.lycos.de/drpython/CheckTreeCtrl.tar

    Anyway, is there something similar with 3 states
    available around?

    Thanks for your time and experience,

    pepr

    --
    Petr Prikryl (prikrylp at skil dot cz)

    Petr Prikryl, Oct 17, 2005

  2. On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 12:14:47 +0200, "Petr Prikryl" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I am experimenting with wxPython on Windows box.
    >What I need to implement is a check tree control
    >with 3 states for each checkbox: unchecked, checked,
    >gray checked. The status of the checkbox should reflect
    >the status of the children. When ALL children are checked,
    >then the status should be checked. When NO children
    >are checked, the status should be unchecked. When
    >SOME children are selected, the status should be
    >checked with gray background.
    >
    >I have found something else that could be valuable
    >after I start understand that:
    >
    >http://mitglied.lycos.de/drpython/CheckTreeCtrl.tar

    Hello Petr,

    It is incidentally from my webpage :)

    I uploaded it once, because I didn't find it anywhere
    on the web; a person asked for it and I had it on
    my harddisk.

    >Anyway, is there something similar with 3 states
    >available around?

    To your problem:

    What about enhancing/deriving from CheckTreeCtrl
    and exending it?

    --
    Franz Steinhaeusler

    Franz Steinhaeusler, Oct 19, 2005