Any advantages?

Paulo

Hi, should I use the data components like SqlDataSource/ObjectDataSource? Or
using coding by hands like below?

Page_Load:
ds = SqlHelper.ExecuteDataset(connectionString, CommandType.StoredProcedure,
"sp_eris_wilbor_pedido_consulta", arParms);
grd.DataSource = ds;
grd.DataBind();

Any pros/cons using one over other? What you suggest?

Thanks

VS 2005 asp.net 2.0 C#

Jordan S.

The data components like many included components are like training wheels
on a child's bicycle. They are helpful when first learning, but as soon as
you know the basics, then they only get in the way.

with hand-coding you get more control, plus when something goes wrong you
*can* fix it and don't have to deal with a broken black box that is the
pre-packaged component.

The Law of Leaky Abstractions
(http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/LeakyAbstractions.html) is relevant
to your question. Components abstract many details in an effort to help you,
but you need to understand the underlying realities once things go wrong.

-HTH