Any ASP.NET Example? Automate Word to Perform a Client-Side Mail Merge

Martin Feuersteiner

Dear Group

I wondered whether there's an ASP.NET example on how to automate word to
perform a client-side mail merge?
It looks like many people are asking the same question but haven't found a
proper up-to-date ASP.NET solution.

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 285176 refers to ASP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q285176

What I would like to do is to have mail merge templates on the webserver
(2003), not to generate the document within code.
Database is a MSSQL Server 2003. Clients have anything from Word 97/2000
upwards and IE5/6. .NET Framework can be installed on the client and
Internet Explorer settings modified if necessary.

It would be great if someone could answer this question for once and for
all.

Many thanks for your help!!

Martin