    I've been unable to locate one on a Swedish internet bookstore.
    "Home is not where you are born, but where your heart finds peace" -
    Tommy Nordgren, "The dying old crone"
    Tommy Nordgren, Jun 29, 2008

  2. Tommy Nordgren

    Axel Etzold Guest

    -------- Original-Nachricht --------
    > Datum: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 04:03:47 +0900
    > Von: Tommy Nordgren <>
    > Betreff: Any book on CGI programming in Ruby?

    > Do anyone know of a book about CGI programming with the Ruby language?
    > I've been unable to locate one on a Swedish internet bookstore.
    > "Home is not where you are born, but where your heart finds peace" -
    > Tommy Nordgren, "The dying old crone"

    I don't know of an entire book dedicated to CGI and Ruby exclusively, but
    there's a chapter (No. 19) about that in Hal Fulton's Ruby Way, which is accessible online
    on Safari.

    http://safari.oreilly.com/

    You'll find also some material in Ruby Cookbook, also accessible via that website.

    And, of course, there's Pickaxe:

    http://phrogz.net/ProgrammingRuby/

    Best regards,

    Axel

    Axel Etzold, Jun 29, 2008

  3. Hi --

    On Mon, 30 Jun 2008, Axel Etzold wrote:

    > -------- Original-Nachricht --------
    >> Datum: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 04:03:47 +0900
    >> Von: Tommy Nordgren <>
    >> Betreff: Any book on CGI programming in Ruby?

    >> Do anyone know of a book about CGI programming with the Ruby language?
    >> I've been unable to locate one on a Swedish internet bookstore.
    >> "Home is not where you are born, but where your heart finds peace" -
    >> Tommy Nordgren, "The dying old crone"
    >>

    > I don't know of an entire book dedicated to CGI and Ruby exclusively, but
    > there's a chapter (No. 19) about that in Hal Fulton's Ruby Way, which is accessible online
    > on Safari.

    It's probably not relevant to this inquiry, but I can't help
    mentioning that there were two or three CGI Ruby books in Japanese as
    of 2002. I don't know how many there are now or, more to the point,
    whether they've been translated.

    David

    ADVANCING WITH RAILS July 21-24 Edison, NJ
    David A. Black, Jun 29, 2008
  4. On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 4:03 AM, Tommy Nordgren
    <> wrote:
    > Do anyone know of a book about CGI programming with the Ruby language?
    > I've been unable to locate one on a Swedish internet bookstore.

    Here is some more info.

    http://www.ruby-lang.org/ja/man/html/cgi.html

    Harry

    --
    A Look into Japanese Ruby List in English
    http://www.kakueki.com/ruby/list.html
    Harry Kakueki, Jul 1, 2008