    Any pointers to it.

    Thanks & Regards,
    - Vinay.
    Vinay, Sep 4, 2004

  2. Vinay

    Phlip Guest

    Phlip, Sep 4, 2004

  3. Vinay

    Rich Grise Guest

    Phlip wrote:

    > Vinay wrote:
    >
    >> I was looking out for some C or C++ or VC++ mailing list.

    > A> why use a klutzy mailing list interface when you can
    > get this newsgroup via NNTP and http://groups.google.com ?

    Just a nitpick, but you get it from google by HTTP. Real newsreaders
    with real news servers use NNTP. :)

    > B> when requesting a Web search, you should report your
    > experiences with http://google.com first, so we know
    > what to avoid.

    True.

    Cheers!
    Rich
    Rich Grise, Sep 5, 2004
  4. Vinay

    Vinay Guest

    Thanks a lot Philips!!, for adding into my knowledge base that these
    google groups can be accessed through NNTP.

    I tried a lot but had a hard time figuring out what should be the News
    server name for this group that I have to set into MS OUTLOOK.

    Any pointer of this.

    An HOWTO would be most preferable.

    Thanks & Regards,
    - Vinay.
    Vinay, Sep 5, 2004
  5. Vinay

    Phlip Guest

    Okay, focus real close on this phrase:

    via NNTP and http://groups.google.com

    Do you see any Hs, Ts, and Ps, all close together? They might be in
    lower-case, so don't be mislead...;-)

    --
    Phlip
    Phlip, Sep 5, 2004
  6. Vinay

    Phlip Guest

    Phlip, Sep 5, 2004
  7. Vinay wrote:

    > Thanks a lot Philips!!, for adding into my knowledge base that these
    > google groups can be accessed through NNTP.
    >
    > I tried a lot but had a hard time figuring out what should be the News
    > server name for this group that I have to set into MS OUTLOOK.
    >
    > Any pointer of this.
    >
    > An HOWTO would be most preferable.
    >
    > Thanks & Regards,
    > - Vinay.

    The vast majority of Internet Service Providers, provide a newsgroup
    (USENET) server.

    Get it from your ISP (most probably from its web site) and create a new
    News account in outlook express (or some other newsgroup reader).

    Outlook doesn't support newsgroups.

    Regards,

    Ioannis Vranos

    http://www23.brinkster.com/noicys
    Ioannis Vranos, Sep 5, 2004
  8. Vinay

    Rich Grise Guest

    Phlip wrote:

    >> > get this newsgroup via NNTP and http://groups.google.com ?
    >> >

    >> Just a nitpick, but you get it from google by HTTP. Real newsreaders
    >> with real news servers use NNTP. :)

    > Okay, focus real close on this phrase:
    >
    > via NNTP and http://groups.google.com
    >
    > Do you see any Hs, Ts, and Ps, all close together? They might be in
    > lower-case, so don't be mislead...;-)

    Well, you said 'and', which means that they're using NNTP and http://
    groups.google.com simultaneously, doesn't it? If you'd said, "NNTP or
    http://..., I'd have kept my mouth shut, of course. :)

    Thanks,
    Rich
    Rich Grise, Sep 5, 2004
  9. Vinay

    Vinay Guest

    Thanks a lot, Everybody!!

    Please correct me if I am wrong. OUTLOOK seems to provide news reader.
    We can click View->GoTo->news & do our setting.

    Won't this thing work for me???

    Thanks & Regards,
    - Vinay.
    Vinay, Sep 5, 2004