Any class to help me process the command line options?

Larry I Smith

Peter Koch Larsen

Abecedarian said:
Why do you recommend those strange operator() overloadings? Can you
elaborate?

Thank you!
A.
It is foremost a question of whether you are comfortable with operator
overloading, i suppose. I only skimmed the documentation, but to me it looks
like a very intuitive interface. If you have recommendations for
improvement, I'm sure the boosters would like to know about them.

/Peter

Abecedarian

Peter said:
it

I only skimmed the documentation, but to me it looks
like a very intuitive interface.

Wow, I really admire people proficient in Lisp.

Fabio Fracassi

Abecedarian said:
Wow, I really admire people proficient in Lisp.

I really don't see how you get to this association.

Besides this sounds a lot like sarcasm, and doesn't help the OP.

Program_options is quite a good package for command line parsing.
(I've tried quite a few) For simple needs you need 10 - 15 Lines of code,
and you can add more advanced Parsing options easily (Config files, grouping
of Options, ...)
Besides it part of Boost, this means it works on most relevant Platfoms, and
is very high quality.

@Abecedarian: It seems that you don't like most of C++ features that go a
bit above novice level, thats fine, but please don't diss anyone and
anything that uses these features.

And another point for Program_options just for you: if you don't like the
operator chaining, you can also use the .add(...) functions, either in a
chaind way like "clp.add("option1,o").add("option2,p");" or free standing
"clp.add("option1,o"); clp.add("option2,p");"

regards

Fabio