Any Comments Here ?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Davmagic .Com, Nov 28, 2004.

  1. Davmagic .Com, Nov 28, 2004

  2. Davmagic .Com

    Karl Core Guest

    "Davmagic .Com" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My first attempt at presenting content with a lot of math related
    > text... two pages:
    >
    > http://davmagic.com/topics/PAGES3.html
    >
    > http://davmagic.com/topics/PAGES4.html
    >
    > Any comments on the content sections.. ?

    No, but I have a comment on the terrible way you name your files. "topics"
    is a completely unhelpful name and so is "PAGES3.html".
    While some (ahem old Jake Neilsen) might decry the UN-usability of such an
    URL, I don't pound on the podium as hard. But still, it *does* make sense to
    name these things sensibly.
    I also can't imagine what a maintenance headache your site must be with all
    those file and directory names that make no sense whatsoever.

    --
    -Karl Core
    Please Support "Project Boneyard":
    Karl Core, Nov 28, 2004

  3. >From:
    >(Karl Core)
    >I also can't imagine what a maintenance
    >headache your site must be with all those
    >file and directory names that make no
    >sense whatsoever.

    No headache at all, I simply maintain a written notebook with all the
    information, and it's soooo simply from there!

    Web Design, Magic, Painting, Junking, More
    http://www.davmagic.com/
    Paint A House
    http://www.paintahouse.com/
    NOTE: This emailbox is CLOSED do NOT reply!!!
    Davmagic .Com, Nov 28, 2004
  4. Davmagic .Com

    Guest

    , Nov 28, 2004

  5. >From:
    >Typos:
    >"Stain Glass" (should be "Stained Glass")

    Ah, no I mean it to be an "action" phrase

    >"Kool" (should be "Cool")

    Ah, no it's the jargon of the "hipsters"

    >"DEVIDED" (should be "DIVIDED")

    Absolutely, I'll make those changes right away... what a stupid mistake!
    Thanks...

    Davmagic .Com, Nov 28, 2004
  6. Davmagic .Com

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle scribbled in the mud:

    > "Kool" (should be "Cool")

    Why?

    --
    Duende (irregular)
    Friends help you move.
    Duende, Nov 28, 2004
  7. Davmagic .Com

    Karl Core Guest

    "Duende" <> wrote in message
    > While sitting in a puddle scribbled in the mud:
    >
    >> "Kool" (should be "Cool")

    > Why?

    Cuz "K" words are most definitely cooler than if spelled with a "C". Take,
    for example, "Karl"

    Karl Core, Nov 28, 2004
  8. Davmagic .Com

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Karl Core scribbled in the mud:

    > "Duende" <> wrote in message
    >> While sitting in a puddle scribbled in the mud:
    >>
    >>> "Kool" (should be "Cool")

    >> Why?

    > Cuz "K" words are most definitely cooler than if spelled with a "C". Take,
    > for example, "Karl"

    I'll ceep that in mind.

    Duende, Nov 28, 2004
  9. Davmagic .Com

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Karl Core wrote:

    > Cuz "K" words are most definitely cooler than if spelled with a "C".
    > Take, for example, "Karl"

    What about Kore?

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Kontact Me ~ http://tobyinkster.co.uk/contact
    Toby Inkster, Nov 28, 2004
  10. Karl Core wrote:
    > "Duende" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>While sitting in a puddle scribbled in the mud:
    >>

    >>>"Kool" (should be "Cool")

    >>Why?

    > Cuz "K" words are most definitely cooler than if spelled with a "C". Take,
    > for example, "Karl"

    Then why not Karl Kore? :p
    Sentient Fluid, Nov 28, 2004
  11. Davmagic .Com

    Karl Core Guest

    "Toby Inkster" <> wrote in message
    > Karl Core wrote:
    >
    >> Cuz "K" words are most definitely cooler than if spelled with a "C".
    >> Take, for example, "Karl"

    > What about Kore?

    there's a certain need for moderation. can't have too many k's or people
    might get the wrong impression.

    Karl Core, Nov 28, 2004
  12. Sentient Fluid wrote:

    > Karl Core wrote:
    >> "Duende" <> wrote in message

    >>>While sitting in a puddle scribbled in the mud:

    >>>Why?

    >> Cuz "K" words are most definitely cooler than if spelled with a "C". Take,
    >> for example, "Karl"

    > Then why not Karl Kore? :p

    Kewl!

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Play Zork: http://www.xs4all.nl/~pot/infocom/zork1.html
    Blinky the Shark, Nov 28, 2004
  13. Davmagic .Com

    Shobadobs Guest

    Shobadobs, Nov 29, 2004
  14. Davmagic .Com

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, Karl Core <> said:

    > there's a certain need for moderation. can't have too many k's or people
    > might get the wrong impression.

    Yes, once you hit 3 (KKK), people might get worried.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Nov 29, 2004
  15. Davmagic .Com

    rf Guest

    Shobadobs wrote:
    > (Davmagic .Com) wrote in news:23245-41A9BB6A-15@storefull-
    > 3152.bay.webtv.net:
    >
    > > My first attempt at presenting content with a lot of math related
    > > text... two pages:
    > >
    > > http://davmagic.com/topics/PAGES3.html
    > >
    > > http://davmagic.com/topics/PAGES4.html
    > >
    > > Any comments on the content sections.. ?

    > Your betting system is flawed. People will lose in the long run.

    Prompted me to have a look.

    ROFL. A magic horse betting system.

    Do you really think this will work? What if everybody uses it at the track
    and they will now that you have published it. Everybody wins? I'll bet (a
    sure one) that the bookies would have something to say about *that* :)

    It's just like that American president from a while ago that promised that
    everyone would have better than average income.

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Nov 29, 2004
  16. Davmagic .Com

    Steve Pugh Guest

    On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 03:10:08 GMT, "rf" <rf@.invalid> wrote:
    >Shobadobs wrote:
    >> (Davmagic .Com) wrote in news:23245-41A9BB6A-15@storefull-
    >> 3152.bay.webtv.net:
    >>
    >> > My first attempt at presenting content with a lot of math related
    >> > text... two pages:
    >> >
    >> > http://davmagic.com/topics/PAGES3.html
    >> >
    >> > http://davmagic.com/topics/PAGES4.html
    >> >
    >> > Any comments on the content sections.. ?

    >> Your betting system is flawed. People will lose in the long run.

    >Prompted me to have a look.
    >
    >ROFL. A magic horse betting system.
    >
    >Do you really think this will work?

    Of course it won't. The system boils down to "if you lose, increase
    your stake and bet again; if you win quit". The only difference
    between this and the old "double your stake with each bet" system is
    that this one involves a bit of extra maths.

    Steve
    Steve Pugh, Nov 29, 2004

  17. >From:
    >(Shobadobs)
    >Your betting system is flawed.

    No it is very accurate actually!

    > People will lose in the long run.

    I make NO claim anywhere that this System will cause any person to
    actually win any race. This System simply provides an accurate method to
    calculate values, so that if somone uses it, correctly, and if they win,
    then they will reap positive results!

    Davmagic .Com, Nov 29, 2004

  18. >From: (Steve Pugh)
    >Of course it won't.

    Yes it does "work", but you (and others) are assuming that this System
    will cause a user to actually win a race. This is an incorrect
    assumption.

    >The system boils down
    >to "if you lose, increase your stake and
    >bet again; if you win quit".

    That's correct, but the stake increase MUST be according to what the
    System calculates, based on what chosen variables the user makes...

    >The only
    >difference between this and the old
    >"double your stake with each bet" system
    >is that this one involves a bit of extra
    >maths.

    I make NO claim anywhere that this System will cause any person to
    actually win any race. This System simply provides an accurate method to
    calculate values, so that if somone uses it, correctly, and if they win,
    then they will reap their desired results, and I might add, these
    results COULD be quite financially rewarding, depending on what initial
    variable values the user chooses!

    Davmagic .Com, Nov 29, 2004
  19. Davmagic .Com

    rf Guest

    Davmagic .Com wrote:

    I make NO claim anywhere that this System will cause any person to
    actually win any race. This System simply provides an accurate method to
    calculate values, so that if somone uses it, correctly, and if they win,
    then they will reap their desired results, and I might add, these
    results COULD be quite financially rewarding, depending on what initial
    variable values the user chooses!

    I really don't know what you are on about but I will tell you my opinion,
    from somebody who did a minor in statistics.

    You can not win, on average.

    You may win some. You will loose more.

    Any "magic" method is doomed to failure. It is doomed because of who actualy
    does win. Who wins? The bookmakers.

    The bookmakers return a certain percentabe back to the punters. This is
    less, of course, than 100. So, for every $1 the communal punters spend they
    get back less than $1.

    Of course the horses may have a different method, you would be better off
    talking to them :)

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Nov 29, 2004
  20. I'm afraid this thread is geting way off course... I posted the original
    post to get comments not on my Horse Race Betting System
    http://davmagic.com/topics/PAGES3.html but on how I presented it on the
    two pages, using HTML and or CSS...

    I appreciate all of the comments on the System itself, but what about
    the presentation?

    Davmagic .Com, Nov 29, 2004