Davmagic .Com

From: (e-mail address removed)
(Karl Core)
I also can't imagine what a maintenance
headache your site must be with all those
file and directory names that make no
sense whatsoever.

No headache at all, I simply maintain a written notebook with all the
information, and it's soooo simply from there!

Web Design, Magic, Painting, Junking, More
http://www.davmagic.com/
Paint A House
http://www.paintahouse.com/
NOTE: This emailbox is CLOSED do NOT reply!!!

Davmagic .Com

From: (e-mail address removed)
Typos:
"Stain Glass" (should be "Stained Glass")

Ah, no I mean it to be an "action" phrase
"Kool" (should be "Cool")

Ah, no it's the jargon of the "hipsters"
"DEVIDED" (should be "DIVIDED")

Absolutely, I'll make those changes right away... what a stupid mistake!
Thanks...

Web Design, Magic, Painting, Junking, More
http://www.davmagic.com/
Paint A House
http://www.paintahouse.com/
NOTE: This emailbox is CLOSED do NOT reply!!!

Karl Core

Duende said:
While sitting in a puddle scribbled in the mud:

Why?

Cuz "K" words are most definitely cooler than if spelled with a "C". Take,
for example, "Karl"

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Karl Core scribbled in the mud:
Cuz "K" words are most definitely cooler than if spelled with a "C". Take,
for example, "Karl"

I'll ceep that in mind.

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html said:
there's a certain need for moderation. can't have too many k's or people
might get the wrong impression.

Yes, once you hit 3 (KKK), people might get worried.

rf

Shobadobs said:
(e-mail address removed) (Davmagic .Com) wrote in 3152.bay.webtv.net:

Your betting system is flawed. People will lose in the long run.

Prompted me to have a look.

ROFL. A magic horse betting system.

Do you really think this will work? What if everybody uses it at the track
and they will now that you have published it. Everybody wins? I'll bet (a
sure one) that the bookies would have something to say about *that* :)

It's just like that American president from a while ago that promised that
everyone would have better than average income.

Steve Pugh

Prompted me to have a look.

ROFL. A magic horse betting system.

Do you really think this will work?

Of course it won't. The system boils down to "if you lose, increase
your stake and bet again; if you win quit". The only difference
between this and the old "double your stake with each bet" system is
that this one involves a bit of extra maths.

Steve

Davmagic .Com

From: (e-mail address removed)
(Shobadobs)
Your betting system is flawed.

No it is very accurate actually!
People will lose in the long run.

I make NO claim anywhere that this System will cause any person to
actually win any race. This System simply provides an accurate method to
calculate values, so that if somone uses it, correctly, and if they win,
then they will reap positive results!

From: (e-mail address removed) (Steve Pugh)
Of course it won't.

Yes it does "work", but you (and others) are assuming that this System
will cause a user to actually win a race. This is an incorrect
assumption.
The system boils down
to "if you lose, increase your stake and
bet again; if you win quit".

That's correct, but the stake increase MUST be according to what the
System calculates, based on what chosen variables the user makes...
The only
difference between this and the old
"double your stake with each bet" system
is that this one involves a bit of extra
maths.

I make NO claim anywhere that this System will cause any person to
actually win any race. This System simply provides an accurate method to
calculate values, so that if somone uses it, correctly, and if they win,
then they will reap their desired results, and I might add, these
results COULD be quite financially rewarding, depending on what initial
variable values the user chooses!

Davmagic .Com wrote:

I make NO claim anywhere that this System will cause any person to
actually win any race. This System simply provides an accurate method to
calculate values, so that if somone uses it, correctly, and if they win,
then they will reap their desired results, and I might add, these
results COULD be quite financially rewarding, depending on what initial
variable values the user chooses!

I really don't know what you are on about but I will tell you my opinion,
from somebody who did a minor in statistics.

You can not win, on average.

You may win some. You will loose more.

Any "magic" method is doomed to failure. It is doomed because of who actualy
does win. Who wins? The bookmakers.

The bookmakers return a certain percentabe back to the punters. This is
less, of course, than 100. So, for every $1 the communal punters spend they
get back less than $1.

Of course the horses may have a different method, you would be better off
talking to them :)

Davmagic .Com

I'm afraid this thread is geting way off course... I posted the original
post to get comments not on my Horse Race Betting System
http://davmagic.com/topics/PAGES3.html but on how I presented it on the
two pages, using HTML and or CSS...

I appreciate all of the comments on the System itself, but what about
the presentation?