We have an ASPX (C#) webform which hosts dropdownlists, textboxes, grids,
checkboxes, etc.
The users want to:

#1 - "FREEZE" the entire webpage contents (and state)
#2 - move IE browser to another URL (possibly several URLs ... maybe
even terminate the session and restart another session an hour+ later)
#3 - but eventually to return to the original FROZEN page
#4 - and .... shazam .... everything is exactly like they left it

I know I could write code to save the contents and state of each control
into the database ONE CONTROL AT A TIME. Then reconstitute the form later ONE
CONTROL AT A TIME. But that would be SOOOOOO much work.

Does anyone know a COOL way to capture

#1 - an entire webpage and state in a serializable form
#2 - save the capture to a database file
#3 - reconstitute the entire saved page later

Thanks - Volking

P.S. this entire operation happens in an HTTPS environment where users are
authenticated against Active Directory. So security is ok.

Note: Was directed to RE-POST this Q from ASP NG into this NG.