  1. We have an ASPX (C#) webform which hosts dropdownlists, textboxes, grids,
    checkboxes, etc.
    The users want to:

    #1 - "FREEZE" the entire webpage contents (and state)
    #2 - move IE browser to another URL (possibly several URLs ... maybe
    even terminate the session and restart another session an hour+ later)
    #3 - but eventually to return to the original FROZEN page
    #4 - and .... shazam .... everything is exactly like they left it

    I know I could write code to save the contents and state of each control
    into the database ONE CONTROL AT A TIME. Then reconstitute the form later ONE
    CONTROL AT A TIME. But that would be SOOOOOO much work.

    Does anyone know a COOL way to capture

    #1 - an entire webpage and state in a serializable form
    #2 - save the capture to a database file
    #3 - reconstitute the entire saved page later

    Thanks - Volking

    P.S. this entire operation happens in an HTTPS environment where users are
    authenticated against Active Directory. So security is ok.

    Note: Was directed to RE-POST this Q from ASP NG into this NG.

    --
    Frederick Volking
    System Architect
    =?Utf-8?B?Rmxhc2hNZXJsb3Q=?=, Aug 23, 2005

  2. Hello Frederick:

    You might find the @outputCache on the page doing a similar effect. I do
    not know though if it would behave differently if viewed over SSL.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...n-us/cpguide/html/cpconASPCachingFeatures.asp

    HTH,
    Phillip Williams
    http://www.societopia.net
    http://www.webswapp.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UGhpbGxpcCBXaWxsaWFtcw==?=, Aug 23, 2005