Any Developers Who Worked on TradeStation 2000i

Discussion in 'C++' started by Trip, Jan 4, 2006.

  1. Trip

    Trip Guest

    I realize that this is a bizarre question. However, I'm wondering if
    any participants within this news-group had worked on the development
    TradeStation 4.0 or TradeStation 2000i.

    My technical question is this...

    How is it that TradeStation can read-in 10,000 records, apply a complex
    trading method to the data points, and spit-out rather detailed reports
    in roughly 1 to 2 seconds? It takes me 80 seconds to do the same thing
    using a static forward-only record-set. Yes, I'm using VB6 and Access,
    but come-on, 2 seconds vs 80 seconds?

    Is TradeStation transversing a proprietary data blob? What am I doing
    wrong? Is it simply very tight low level code vs. my shabby VB6?

    Any direction that anyone would like to provide would be greatly
    appreciated.

    Thanks!

    Trip

    Trip, Jan 4, 2006

  2. Trip

    mlimber Guest

    Trip wrote:
    > I realize that this is a bizarre question. However, I'm wondering if
    > any participants within this news-group had worked on the development
    > TradeStation 4.0 or TradeStation 2000i.
    >
    > My technical question is this...
    >
    > How is it that TradeStation can read-in 10,000 records, apply a complex
    > trading method to the data points, and spit-out rather detailed reports
    > in roughly 1 to 2 seconds? It takes me 80 seconds to do the same thing
    > using a static forward-only record-set. Yes, I'm using VB6 and Access,
    > but come-on, 2 seconds vs 80 seconds?
    >
    > Is TradeStation transversing a proprietary data blob? What am I doing
    > wrong? Is it simply very tight low level code vs. my shabby VB6?
    >
    > Any direction that anyone would like to provide would be greatly
    > appreciated.

    The only direction I can provide is to point you to other newsgroups
    where your post would be not be off-topic. See the FAQ for what is
    on-topic and for some ideas on better places to post:

    Cheers! --M

    mlimber, Jan 4, 2006

  3. > Yes, I'm using VB6 and Access,

    This is your answer.