Any easy way to compile, link, exceute, debug C++ on IBM mainframe?

Thureen

I just started using the mainframe (z/OS) 2 days ago, so I am very
inexperienced in it. However, I need to write c++ programs for
mainframe. Right now, the other mainframe programmers have showed me a
complicated (seemed very complicated and painful to me) on how to
compile, link, and execute using JCL (job control language) on the
mainframe. However, I don't know JCL and those JCL files are quite
confusing to figure how to edit them for other C++ programs.

We aren't using unix/linux really on mainframe, so I can't take that
route either. I would really like to find a easier way to compile,
link, execute, and debug c++ programs on the mainframe. Also, there is
supposedly a debug tool on the mainframe, but I can't find out on web
how to exactly use. Any advice or links on how to do this easily would
be greatly helpful.

Victor Bazarov

Thureen said:
I just started using the mainframe (z/OS) 2 days ago, so I am very
inexperienced in it. [..] Any advice or links on how to do this
easily would be greatly helpful.

Try books. Try talking to your fellow users. This newsgroup is not
about specific computing systems and how to use them. comp.lang.c++
is about the _language_ itself. You need to find a better place to
ask platform-specific questions.