    Are there any WYSIWYG or other editors that allow me to select a
    tremendously. Thanks!

    , Oct 3, 2006

    Indeed, that's very troublesome. See <http://dorward.me.uk/www/nested/>.

    Leif K-Brooks, Oct 3, 2006

  3. Andy Dingley Guest

    wrote:

    > Are there any WYSIWYG or other editors that allow me to select a

    Most XML-aware editors (jEdit is free) will do this, so long as the
    preceding markup is somewhere _near_ to being well-formed as either
    SGML or XML. Halfway decent HTML is usually near enough, although
    sometimes you might have to drop a strong hint (either rename the file
    to .xml, put an XHTML doctype on the top, or simply tell the editor to
    treat all HTML documents as XML-formed)

    Or you could run it through Tidy first, if it's really bad.

    Andy Dingley, Oct 3, 2006
  4. wrote:
    > Hi everybody,
    >
    > I have to add new information to existing web pages. The trouble comes
    > in that these pages are loaded with tables, and tables within tables.
    > Looking at the raw HTML I have a hard time figuring out where to add
    > new rows and columns.
    >
    > Are there any WYSIWYG or other editors that allow me to select a
    > tremendously. Thanks!

    I would like to add that your situation here is the *prime* example of
    that tables are *not* easier layout 'tool' than CSS. When it come to
    editing and making changes to the style and theme it can be a real
    nightmare. Sometimes is can be faster in the long run just to grab the
    plain text, paste into proper markup and then style to suit in your
    stylesheet then to futz with nested table crap...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Oct 3, 2006
  5. dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    wrote:

    > Hi everybody,
    >
    > I have to add new information to existing web pages. The trouble comes
    > in that these pages are loaded with tables, and tables within tables.
    > Looking at the raw HTML I have a hard time figuring out where to add
    > new rows and columns.
    >
    > Are there any WYSIWYG or other editors that allow me to select a
    > tremendously. Thanks!

    You could try Firefox with the developer extensions. These tools
    allow a great deal of information to be seen on the web page,
    outlinining elements and so on. You can then trial your changes
    "live" by altering things.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Oct 3, 2006
  6. Bergamot Guest

    wrote:

    > Are there any WYSIWYG or other editors that allow me to select a

    Homesite

    --
    Berg

    Bergamot, Oct 4, 2006

    wrote:

    > Are there any WYSIWYG or other editors that allow me to
    > select a <table> tag and then see the matching </table>
    > tag?

    FWIW the Zeus for Windows IDE can fold several HTML tags
    including the <TABLE> and </TABLE>, provided the HTML
    code is well formatted:

    http://www.zeusedit.com/html.html

    Basically given some HTML code as follows:

    [-] <TABLE>
    Any number of lines of HTML code
    . </TABLE>

    Zeus will folded this away to:

    [+] <TABLE> ... </TABLE>

    and if no matching </TABLE> tag is found it gets
    folded away to this:

    [+] <TABLE> ...

    This feature can help when trying to locate matching tags ;)

    Jussi Jumppanen
    Author: Zeus for Windows
    Note: Zeus is shareware (45 day trial).

    , Oct 5, 2006