    moment ? Or a pointer to the correct ng for this topic?

    TIA

    Sh.

    Schraalhans Keukenmeester, Sep 16, 2006

  2. Schraalhans Keukenmeester wrote:
    > I haven't been able to find a specific newsgroup for the D programming
    > language.

    There probably isn't one. Contact your ISP and find out.

    > I think the language's features looks promising, just hven't
    > got a feel for the stage the available compilers are in today.

    You mean, there are actually compilerS for it? I thought there was
    only one, distributed by its author and creator and tireless promoter.
    It's all off-topic here, anyway.

    > I know
    > of the Gnu GDC and the Digital Mars D Compiler, but maybe there's
    > more.

    Maybe. Again, how is it relevant *here*?

    > Any experience here with how well the different compilers do at the
    > moment ?

    Again, why are you asking here? This is a C++ newsgroup.

    > Or a pointer to the correct ng for this topic?

    That language has a single author, doesn't it? It has a website, does
    it not? On that web site, there is a way to contact the author and
    developer, is there not? So, please use them. Here any language
    except C++ and C (only as pertinent to C++) is OFF-TOPIC.

    The sheer fact that you're unable to find a cooking newsgroup (or that
    there isn't any) does not make it OK to ask *cooking* questions in
    a *hunting* newsgroup, for example.

    Victor Bazarov, Sep 16, 2006

  3. Victor Bazarov wrote:
    > Schraalhans Keukenmeester wrote:
    >> I haven't been able to find a specific newsgroup for the D programming
    >> language.

    > There probably isn't one. Contact your ISP and find out.
    >
    >> I think the language's features looks promising, just hven't
    >> got a feel for the stage the available compilers are in today.

    > You mean, there are actually compilerS for it? I thought there was
    > only one, distributed by its author and creator and tireless promoter.
    > It's all off-topic here, anyway.
    >
    >> I know
    >> of the Gnu GDC and the Digital Mars D Compiler, but maybe there's
    >> more.

    > Maybe. Again, how is it relevant *here*?
    >
    >> Any experience here with how well the different compilers do at the
    >> moment ?

    > Again, why are you asking here? This is a C++ newsgroup.
    >
    >> Or a pointer to the correct ng for this topic?

    > That language has a single author, doesn't it? It has a website, does
    > it not? On that web site, there is a way to contact the author and
    > developer, is there not? So, please use them. Here any language
    > except C++ and C (only as pertinent to C++) is OFF-TOPIC.
    >
    > The sheer fact that you're unable to find a cooking newsgroup (or that
    > there isn't any) does not make it OK to ask *cooking* questions in
    > a *hunting* newsgroup, for example.

    Do you know the expression: "your point is clear" Victor?
    You might as well have kept at least 90% of your rather patronizing
    reply to yourself.
    But it does seem to be the normal way of communicating in some
    programming newsgroups, where some think of themselves as Cerberus
    guarding the gates. I just won't swallow this type of crap response
    without making sure you know it's not appreciated.I wonder if you would
    strike the same tone if I sat at your table physically. There's a word
    for your behaviour: rude.

    I disagree with you C++ groups are so utterly wrong a place to ask about
    a language (D) for which apparantly has a lot of similarities with C++
    and might therefore be within the intrests of people programming C++,
    especially since there seems to be no specific group for D.

    Your opinion about the "One-man Language D" are noted, and now we are
    nitpicking, as much off-topic here as my request, according to your
    standards.

    Thanks for nothing really. But I suppose you got that message already.
    Sh.

    Schraalhans Keukenmeester, Sep 16, 2006
  4. Schraalhans Keukenmeester

    Jens Theisen Guest

    Schraalhans Keukenmeester <> writes:

    > There's a word for your behaviour: rude.

    How dare you post without a signature and expect people to be
    friendly? :)

    Jens

    Jens Theisen, Sep 16, 2006
  5. Jens Theisen wrote:
    > Schraalhans Keukenmeester <> writes:
    >
    >> There's a word for your behaviour: rude.

    > How dare you post without a signature and expect people to be
    > friendly? :)
    >
    > Jens

    Now I see how I wandered of the right track Jens, thanks for setting me
    straight on this omission :)
    Thanks for making me laugh! Nice way to start a Sunday

    --

    Friendliness-invoking sig
    # && $%)

    Schraalhans Keukenmeester, Sep 17, 2006
  6. Schraalhans Keukenmeester wrote:
    > Jens Theisen wrote:
    > > Schraalhans Keukenmeester <> writes:
    > >
    > >> There's a word for your behaviour: rude.

    > > How dare you post without a signature and expect people to be
    > > friendly? :)
    > >
    > > Jens

    > Now I see how I wandered of the right track Jens, thanks for setting me
    > straight on this omission :)
    > Thanks for making me laugh! Nice way to start a Sunday
    >
    > --
    >
    > Friendliness-invoking sig
    > # && $%)
    > # ^^ ()
    > !@@!
    > <***OO--0)
    > (Incomprehensible but very hip asci-artwork, part of any respectable sig)

    Yeah! They told me "D is for Donkeys", but I did refuse to believe...
    ....until now.

    Diego Martins, Sep 18, 2006
  7. Schraalhans Keukenmeester

    Puppet_Sock Guest

    Schraalhans Keukenmeester wrote:
    [snip]
    > I just won't swallow this type of crap response
    > without making sure you know it's not appreciated.I wonder if you would
    > strike the same tone if I sat at your table physically. There's a word
    > for your behaviour: rude.

    On the contrary. Victor's response is highly appreciated. We don't
    need any more off topic posts. If you came into a lecture on C++
    and started asking D questions in the question period, I would hope
    you got shut down just as quickly.

    If you came into a lecture on Etruscan poetry and started asking
    about Egyptian sculpture, I would hope you got shut down just
    as quickly.
    Socks

    Puppet_Sock, Sep 18, 2006
  8. Schraalhans Keukenmeester

    Gavin Deane Guest

    Schraalhans Keukenmeester wrote:
    > Victor Bazarov wrote:
    > > Schraalhans Keukenmeester wrote:
    > >> I haven't been able to find a specific newsgroup for the D programming
    > >> language.

    > >Here any language except C++ and C (only as pertinent to C++) is OFF-TOPIC.

    > There's a word for your behaviour: rude.

    And what word would you use to describe someone who knowingly wastes
    all our time and bandwidth with off-topic posts just because they can't
    find a topical forum? I certainly can't see anything polite or
    considerate in that sort of behaviour.

    Gavin Deane

    Gavin Deane, Sep 18, 2006
  9. Schraalhans Keukenmeester wrote:
    > I haven't been able to find a specific newsgroup for the D programming
    > language. I think the language's features looks promising, just hven't
    > got a feel for the stage the available compilers are in today. I know of
    > the Gnu GDC and the Digital Mars D Compiler, but maybe there's more.
    >
    > Any experience here with how well the different compilers do at the
    > moment ? Or a pointer to the correct ng for this topic?

    You can find the newsgroups for the D programming language at:

    http://www.digitalmars.com/NewsGroup.html

    Walter Bright
    www.digitalmars.com C, C++, D programming language compilers

    Walter Bright, Sep 26, 2006