    For that matter, any free web controls at all would be welcomed.

    Thanks!

    jim
    jim, Dec 20, 2007

  2. Tab control (and bunch of other) comes with AJAX control toolkit.
    See http://asp.net/ajax/
    Samples: http://asp.net/ajax/ajaxcontroltoolkit/samples/

    George.

    George Ter-Saakov, Dec 20, 2007

  3. "jim" <> wrote in message

    > Does anyone know of any free ASP.Net tab controls for a free site that I'd
    > like to put up?

    There are loads:
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?sour..._en-GBGB252GB252&q="ASP.NET" tab control free

    However, beware of those which do most of their work server-side, especially
    the AJAX ones, as they can't support client-side cross-tab validation...

    E.g. if you need to validate the contents of a TextBox in the first tab
    against the contents of a TextBox in another tab, you won't be able to do it
    without a round-trip to the server whether via AJAX callback or full
    postback...

    I got so frustrated with this that I ended up using this, though I made some
    fairly extensive mods to it:
    http://www.barelyfitz.com/projects/tabber/

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP
    Mark Rae [MVP], Dec 20, 2007
  4. The AJAX controls from www.asp.net are decent and there is a tab control.
    Obout has a few free controls, but not a tab control (www.obout.com). For
    tools, controls, etc. www.sharptoolbox.com is a great resource. aspin.net is
    also a search engine, although I do not use it as much any more.

    I have not tried, as Mark has, for free controls search, but I am sure there
    are some.

    For open source, try www.codeplex.com, the Microsoft open source repository.
    There are various "free" items there. www.sourceforge.net is another good
    source. If you go open source, please give back to the community if you
    create enhancements or find bugs. That is what makes it work.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Dec 20, 2007
  5. I've indexed a bunch of useful free and useful controls here:
    http://SteveOrr.net/FreeControls

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], Dec 20, 2007