    and/or TextML ??

    thnx,
    Ev.

    arachno, Jun 25, 2003

  2. arachno

    Mirch Masala Guest

    "arachno" <> wrote in message
    news:bdd7i9$5k8$...
    > Hello ppl,
    >
    > Any FREE XML DB servers for Windows? Maybe something similar to Tamino
    > and/or TextML ??
    >
    > thnx,
    > Ev.

    What about something like Apache Xindice? Or check-out Bourret's web site
    for other freebies:

    www.rpbourret.com/xml

    HTH

    Mirch Masala, Jun 25, 2003

  3. arachno

    arachno Guest

    Hello there

    Is Apache Xindice able to work withoyt having Apache installed? Or maybe
    any others standalon XMLDB servers?

    thnx.
    ev

    arachno, Jun 28, 2003
  4. arachno

    Mirch Masala Guest

    "arachno" <> wrote in message
    > Hello there
    >
    > Is Apache Xindice able to work withoyt having Apache installed? Or maybe
    > any others standalon XMLDB servers?
    >
    > thnx.
    > ev

    Here is a very simple and short article on where to download and how to
    set-up Xindice:

    http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/web/library/wa-xindice.html

    You could have it up and running in about 15 minutes.

    The Apache part simply refer to the fact that it is an Apache project.

    HTH

    Mirch Masala, Jun 28, 2003
  5. Rather than Xindice, wich seems not very active, I advise eXist
    (http://exist.sourceforge.net/).
    eXist is a very usable XML - XPath - DOM retrievial engine, that indexes text
    content; moreover it comes bundled with some nice Web applications with Cocoon.
    Like Xindice, Tamino and others, it uses the XML:DB standard (the JDBC of XML
    databases).

    Jean-Marc Vanel, Jun 29, 2003
  6. arachno

    arachno Guest

    im just looking for something, that can be used from ASP and have enought
    features to work as formal data base server...

    arachno, Jul 6, 2003