Any FREE XML DB servers for Windows?

arachno

Hello ppl,

Any FREE XML DB servers for Windows? Maybe something similar to Tamino
and/or TextML ??

thnx,
Ev.

arachno

Hello there

Is Apache Xindice able to work withoyt having Apache installed? Or maybe
any others standalon XMLDB servers?

thnx.
ev

Jean-Marc Vanel

Rather than Xindice, wich seems not very active, I advise eXist
(http://exist.sourceforge.net/).
eXist is a very usable XML - XPath - DOM retrievial engine, that indexes text
content; moreover it comes bundled with some nice Web applications with Cocoon.
Like Xindice, Tamino and others, it uses the XML:DB standard (the JDBC of XML
databases).

arachno

im just looking for something, that can be used from ASP and have enought
features to work as formal data base server...