Any function to change windows start menu shortcut properties ?

Ganesh

I have to change the tartget property of a windows start->Program->X's
shortcut properties using c program. Do we have any function for that ?
please reply me ASAP.. as it is urgent !

Richard Bos

I have to change the tartget property of a windows start->Program->X's
shortcut properties using c program. Do we have any function for that ?

Not, AFAIK, using ISO C, unless you want to fopen() the shortcut file,
fread() its contents, and fwrite() the new contents. Even then, you need
to know both the structure of a shortcut file (which should be known
somewhere; perhaps on <http://www.wotsit.org>?), and the location of the
shortcut file; there are no directory browsing functions in ISO C.
There is, in any case, no function to do all this for you using a single
call. There may be one in the M$-Windows API, but for those, you need to
ask in a microsoft.something group; comp.lang.c is about ISO C only.
please reply me ASAP.. as it is urgent !

Tsk... learn not to rely on Usenet in emergencies. Sooner or later, it
will bite you.

Richard

Ganesh

Not, AFAIK, using ISO C, unless you want to fopen() the shortcut file,
fread() its contents, and fwrite() the new contents. Even then, you need
to know both the structure of a shortcut file (which should be known
somewhere; perhaps on <http://www.wotsit.org>?), and the location of the
shortcut file; there are no directory browsing functions in ISO C.
There is, in any case, no function to do all this for you using a single
call. There may be one in the M$-Windows API, but for those, you need to
ask in a microsoft.something group; comp.lang.c is about ISO C only.

Tsk... learn not to rely on Usenet in emergencies. Sooner or later, it
will bite you.

Richard

Hi Richard,
Thank you for the reply... i will try with the file operation. and i
got the file format from wotsit.. i will try with tht. i thought
urgent in google will take 2 days. bt seems this group is very much
active.. thanks for your time

rgds,
Ganesh R