    I have to change the tartget property of a windows start->Program->X's
    shortcut properties using c program. Do we have any function for that ?
    please reply me ASAP.. as it is urgent !

    Ganesh, Jul 9, 2004

  2. Ganesh

    Richard Bos Guest

    (Ganesh) wrote:

    > I have to change the tartget property of a windows start->Program->X's
    > shortcut properties using c program. Do we have any function for that ?

    Not, AFAIK, using ISO C, unless you want to fopen() the shortcut file,
    fread() its contents, and fwrite() the new contents. Even then, you need
    to know both the structure of a shortcut file (which should be known
    somewhere; perhaps on <http://www.wotsit.org>?), and the location of the
    shortcut file; there are no directory browsing functions in ISO C.
    There is, in any case, no function to do all this for you using a single
    call. There may be one in the M$-Windows API, but for those, you need to
    ask in a microsoft.something group; comp.lang.c is about ISO C only.

    > please reply me ASAP.. as it is urgent !

    Tsk... learn not to rely on Usenet in emergencies. Sooner or later, it
    will bite you.

    Richard

    Richard Bos, Jul 9, 2004

  3. Ganesh

    Ganesh Guest

    (Richard Bos) wrote in message news:<>...
    > (Ganesh) wrote:
    >
    > > I have to change the tartget property of a windows start->Program->X's
    > > shortcut properties using c program. Do we have any function for that ?

    > Not, AFAIK, using ISO C, unless you want to fopen() the shortcut file,
    > fread() its contents, and fwrite() the new contents. Even then, you need
    > to know both the structure of a shortcut file (which should be known
    > somewhere; perhaps on <http://www.wotsit.org>?), and the location of the
    > shortcut file; there are no directory browsing functions in ISO C.
    > There is, in any case, no function to do all this for you using a single
    > call. There may be one in the M$-Windows API, but for those, you need to
    > ask in a microsoft.something group; comp.lang.c is about ISO C only.
    >
    > > please reply me ASAP.. as it is urgent !

    > Tsk... learn not to rely on Usenet in emergencies. Sooner or later, it
    > will bite you.
    >
    > Richard

    Hi Richard,
    Thank you for the reply... i will try with the file operation. and i
    got the file format from wotsit.. i will try with tht. i thought
    urgent in google will take 2 days. bt seems this group is very much
    active.. thanks for your time

    rgds,
    Ganesh R

    Ganesh, Jul 12, 2004