any good book to learn and understand design patterns

Abhijit Mhatre

Hi,
Can anyone suggest a good book to understand and implement design patterns ?

thanks

VisionSet

Abhijit Mhatre said:
Hi,
Can anyone suggest a good book to understand and implement design patterns ?

Check out the preliminary workings of Bruce Eckels 'Thinking in Patterns' at
MindView.net

tk

The GOF one is a classic but the SmallTalk/C++ examples may not suit one who
wants to see them in Java. I bought the cd version of the book and it's
pretty cool because you can view the book online and it has a pretty
sophisticated UI for navigating/searching and references...

Another excellent book with all Java examples are:

http://www.bookpool.com/.x/qej3o5rmrm/sm/0201485397

IHMO, I disagree with the Middle review of it (the one with "*")...
Alot of patterns have examples based on Swing and it explains them in good
detail...

But the best one I have seen for Java examples is:

http://www.bookpool.com/.x/qej3o5tnjr/sm/0130935387

Definitely worth getting.. A must.