  1. Hi,
    Can anyone suggest a good book to understand and implement design patterns ?

    thanks
    Abhijit Mhatre, Jul 22, 2003

  2. Abhijit Mhatre

    VisionSet Guest

    "Abhijit Mhatre" <> wrote in message
    news:bfk2c2$...
    > Hi,
    > Can anyone suggest a good book to understand and implement design patterns

    ?

    Check out the preliminary workings of Bruce Eckels 'Thinking in Patterns' at
    MindView.net

    --
    Mike W
    VisionSet, Jul 23, 2003

  3. Abhijit Mhatre

    tk Guest

    The GOF one is a classic but the SmallTalk/C++ examples may not suit one who
    wants to see them in Java. I bought the cd version of the book and it's
    pretty cool because you can view the book online and it has a pretty
    sophisticated UI for navigating/searching and references...

    Another excellent book with all Java examples are:

    http://www.bookpool.com/.x/qej3o5rmrm/sm/0201485397

    IHMO, I disagree with the Middle review of it (the one with "*")...
    Alot of patterns have examples based on Swing and it explains them in good
    detail...

    But the best one I have seen for Java examples is:

    http://www.bookpool.com/.x/qej3o5tnjr/sm/0130935387

    Definitely worth getting.. A must.
    tk, Jul 23, 2003