    LinkWaves Corporation
    **Leading Provider of Cisco Equipment**
    http://www.linkwaves.com

    Katie Tam, Aug 6, 2007

  2. Katie Tam

    Guest

    On Aug 6, 2:02 pm, Katie Tam <> wrote:
    > Please let me know any good book to start ? Thank You
    >
    > Katie Tam
    > CCNP, CCDP
    > LinkWaves Corporation
    > **Leading Provider of Cisco Equipment**http://www.linkwaves.com

    To start learning Python or what?

    "Python Programming 3rd Ed." by Lutz is good for learning deeper
    concepts in Python, but is probably better suited for experienced
    programmers. I still recommend it though, as it has lots of case
    studies and cool examples.

    "Python for Dummies" gives a good overview of Python for a complete
    n00b. There are many other beginner Python books, most of which are
    pretty nice, but not equal in quality.

    Mike

    , Aug 6, 2007

  3. Katie Tam

    Guest

    On Aug 6, 3:15 pm, wrote:
    > On Aug 6, 2:02 pm, Katie Tam <> wrote:
    >
    > > Please let me know any good book to start ? Thank You

    > > Katie Tam
    > > CCNP, CCDP
    > > LinkWaves Corporation
    > > **Leading Provider of Cisco Equipment**http://www.linkwaves.com

    > To start learning Python or what?
    >
    > "Python Programming 3rd Ed." by Lutz is good for learning deeper
    > concepts in Python, but is probably better suited for experienced
    > programmers. I still recommend it though, as it has lots of case
    > studies and cool examples.
    >
    > "Python for Dummies" gives a good overview of Python for a complete
    > n00b. There are many other beginner Python books, most of which are
    > pretty nice, but not equal in quality.
    >
    > Mike

    I like "Learning Python" by Lutz & Ascher (O'Reilly), very good for
    beginners.

    Chris

    , Aug 6, 2007
  4. Simon Brunning, Aug 6, 2007
  5. Katie Tam

    Guest

    On Aug 6, 10:00 pm, "Simon Brunning" <> wrote:
    > On 8/6/07, Katie Tam <> wrote:
    >
    > > Please let me know any good book to start ? Thank You

    > http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonBooks
    >
    > --
    > Cheers,
    > Simon B.
    > ://www.brunningonline.net/simon/blog/
    > GTalk: simon.brunning | MSN: small_values | Yahoo: smallvalues

    Hi Katie

    I would recommend the Python Phrasebook by Brad Dayley. Lots and lots
    of examples and easy to use. Mark Lutz is a bit heavy for a beginner
    but definitely a good investment for the future. The Python Docs are
    also very good and check out diveintopython.org.

    Regards

    Jeffrey van Aswegen

    , Aug 6, 2007