    part of it.
    Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

    , Mar 16, 2007

  2. Tomek Guest

    On 16 Mar, 12:25, wrote:
    > Can anybody recommend good materials on Axis1.x to me?
    > I'm trying to build a multi-layer stock tracking system using Axis as
    > part of it.
    > Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

    I can recommend you to not use Axis 1.x :)
    Use any webservice framework based on StAX like Apache CXF , XFire or
    Axis 2.x, they are much faster and easier to use.

    Tomek, Mar 16, 2007

  3. tony_se Guest

    On 3ÔÂ16ÈÕ, ÏÂÎç10ʱ22·Ö, "Tomek" <> wrote:
    > On 16 Mar, 12:25, wrote:
    >
    > > Can anybody recommend good materials on Axis1.x to me?
    > > I'm trying to build a multi-layer stock tracking system using Axis as
    > > part of it.
    > > Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

    > I can recommend you to not use Axis 1.x :)
    > Use any webservice framework based on StAX like Apache CXF , XFire or
    > Axis 2.x, they are much faster and easier to use.

    Thank you! But, unfortunately, I'm involved in a project that Axis1.x
    is specified as the WebService
    framework to be used. I want to learn more about J2EE patterns and
    again multilayer software development, especially with WebService. Any
    further suggestions?

    tony_se, Mar 16, 2007
  4. Tomek Guest

    On 16 Mar, 16:07, "tony_se" <> wrote:
    > On 3月16æ—¥, 下åˆ10æ—¶22分, "Tomek" <> wrote:
    >
    > > On 16 Mar, 12:25, wrote:

    > > > Can anybody recommend good materials on Axis1.x to me?
    > > > I'm trying to build a multi-layer stock tracking system using Axis as
    > > > part of it.
    > > > Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

    > > I can recommend you to not use Axis 1.x :)
    > > Use any webservice framework based on StAX like Apache CXF , XFire or
    > > Axis 2.x, they are much faster and easier to use.

    > Thank you! But, unfortunately, I'm involved in a project that Axis1.x
    > is specified as the WebService
    > framework to be used. I want to learn more about J2EE patterns and
    > again multilayer software development, especially with WebService. Any
    > further suggestions?

    Hmm, i'm afraid ( in most ppl opinions ) axis isn't a place where you
    should learn best practices and good design :/

    Tomek, Mar 16, 2007
  5. wrote:
    > Can anybody recommend good materials on Axis1.x to me?
    > I'm trying to build a multi-layer stock tracking system using Axis as
    > part of it.

    Have you read the docs that comes with Axis (especially the
    user guide) ?

    It is actually quite good for the simple stuff. The advanced
    stuff is a bit more tricky.

    What specifically do you need help with ?

    Arne

    =?UTF-8?B?QXJuZSBWYWpow7hq?=, Mar 17, 2007
  6. tony_se Guest

    On 3月17æ—¥, 上åˆ8æ—¶31分, Arne Vajhøj <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Can anybody recommend good materials on Axis1.x to me?
    > > I'm trying to build a multi-layer stock tracking system using Axis as
    > > part of it.

    > Have you read the docs that comes with Axis (especially the
    > user guide) ?
    >
    > It is actually quite good for the simple stuff. The advanced
    > stuff is a bit more tricky.
    >
    > What specifically do you need help with ?
    >
    > Arne

    To make it detailed: It's a one semester project about stock. Our
    professor has set up
    the basic layers for us, i.e. we should implement it from front to end
    the following layers:
    browser->MVC/Servlet/RMIClient->RMIServer/AxisClient->AxisServer/JDBC-
    >DerbyDB.

    The problem now is I'm not familiar with Axis and the ABCs in using
    WebService to build
    an enterprise solution. And up to now, I can't make out what the RMI
    layer is all about and
    is it necessary?

    tony_se, Mar 21, 2007
  7. Lew Guest

    tony_se wrote:
    > To make it detailed: It's a one semester project about stock. Our
    > professor has set up
    > the basic layers for us, i.e. we should implement it from front to end
    > the following layers:
    > browser->MVC/Servlet/RMIClient->RMIServer/AxisClient->AxisServer/JDBC-
    >> DerbyDB.

    > The problem now is I'm not familiar with Axis and the ABCs in using
    > WebService to build
    > an enterprise solution. And up to now, I can't make out what the RMI
    > layer is all about and
    > is it necessary?

    Have you read up on RMI? Like Web services (the Axis component) it is a tool
    for remote invocation of logic. I don't see how RMI and Axis should coexist in
    the same project.

    Perhaps the professor intended to offer you a choice of remote invocation
    techniques, not to have you use all of them at once.

    -- Lew

    Lew, Mar 21, 2007
  8. tony_se wrote:
    > To make it detailed: It's a one semester project about stock. Our
    > professor has set up
    > the basic layers for us, i.e. we should implement it from front to end
    > the following layers:
    > browser->MVC/Servlet/RMIClient->RMIServer/AxisClient->AxisServer/JDBC-> DerbyDB.
    > The problem now is I'm not familiar with Axis and the ABCs in using
    > WebService to build
    > an enterprise solution. And up to now, I can't make out what the RMI
    > layer is all about and
    > is it necessary?

    That looks rather weird.

    But if your Axis requirements are simple, then it is easy.

    Dump the axis war file into your Tomcat web app dir and
    rename your web service class from .java to .jws and dump that
    into the axis dir created by Tomcat from the war.

    RMI is its own story.

    You will need to read up on it.

    Arne

    =?UTF-8?B?QXJuZSBWYWpow7hq?=, Mar 21, 2007