Any good Net::Jabber examples?

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Neil Cherry, Oct 22, 2004.

  1. Neil Cherry

    Neil Cherry Guest

    I'm having quite a bit of trouble with Net::Jabber. I've seen some
    examples and I have used them but now I wish to turn on debugging and
    can't quite find a good example. Any pointers?

    The reason I need the debugging is that a script that was working is
    suddenly getting:

    Error: Jabber Authorization failed: 406

    I suspect that I'm not doing something as opposed to doing something
    wrong.

    Thanks

    --
    Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry
    http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/ (Text only)

    Neil Cherry, Oct 22, 2004

  2. Neil Cherry

    Neil Cherry Guest

    On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 17:57:08 -0500, Neil Cherry wrote:
    > I'm having quite a bit of trouble with Net::Jabber. I've seen some
    > examples and I have used them but now I wish to turn on debugging and
    > can't quite find a good example. Any pointers?
    >
    > The reason I need the debugging is that a script that was working is
    > suddenly getting:
    >
    > Error: Jabber Authorization failed: 406
    >
    > I suspect that I'm not doing something as opposed to doing something
    > wrong.
    >
    > Thanks

    I found what I was looking for:

    http://www.cs.fiu.edu/~kmerr001/sJab/

    this seems like a pretty good example of Jabber client code.

    I also discovered why I was having trouble (the above 406). Turns out
    that the example given for the initial code I used put the user name
    and jabber domain as 1 parameter when it should have been just the
    username (username instead of ).

    Neil Cherry, Oct 24, 2004