Any good open-source JAAS framework

mrv

Do you know for any good open-source (or free) JAAS framework or API that
can be used in any Java enviroment - JSP/servlet, Swing/AWT....?

Ryan Stewart

mrv said:
Do you know for any good open-source (or free) JAAS framework or API that can
be used in any Java enviroment - JSP/servlet, Swing/AWT....?
I've done only a little research on it, but my understanding is that JAAS *is* a
framework. You just have to write the authentication code. Perhaps you're
looking for a specific JAAS implementation to work with whatever form of
authentication you're using?

mrv

Do you know for any good open-source (or free) JAAS framework or API that
I've done only a little research on it, but my understanding is that JAAS
*is* a framework. You just have to write the authentication code.

So, I can use it with JDK 1.4.2?
I don't need any server or similar?
Perhaps you're looking for a specific JAAS implementation to work with
whatever form of authentication you're using?

Web-EJB application, any latter Swing access to EJB.
So, I need some security "method" which will work in Swing-JSP-servlet-EJB,
and it's standard.

Ryan Stewart

mrv said:
So, I can use it with JDK 1.4.2?
I don't need any server or similar?

Web-EJB application, any latter Swing access to EJB.
So, I need some security "method" which will work in Swing-JSP-servlet-EJB,
and it's standard.
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/security/jaas/tutorials/

JAAS is still evolving toward webapp usage. You'll have to play with it some and
maybe look around Google for some links. The main problem I think is that J2EE
container managed security is somewhat platform dependent. I know that Tomcat
has built in JAAS support, but using it will make your application non-portable
to other containers.