    mrv Guest

    Do you know for any good open-source (or free) JAAS framework or API that
    can be used in any Java enviroment - JSP/servlet, Swing/AWT....?

    mrv, Feb 11, 2005

  2. mrv

    Ryan Stewart Guest

    "mrv" <> wrote in message news:cuhl3h$pej$...
    > Do you know for any good open-source (or free) JAAS framework or API that can
    > be used in any Java enviroment - JSP/servlet, Swing/AWT....?

    I've done only a little research on it, but my understanding is that JAAS *is* a
    framework. You just have to write the authentication code. Perhaps you're
    looking for a specific JAAS implementation to work with whatever form of
    authentication you're using?

    Ryan Stewart, Feb 11, 2005

  3. mrv

    mrv Guest

    >> Do you know for any good open-source (or free) JAAS framework or API that
    >> can be used in any Java enviroment - JSP/servlet, Swing/AWT....?

    > I've done only a little research on it, but my understanding is that JAAS
    > *is* a framework. You just have to write the authentication code.

    So, I can use it with JDK 1.4.2?
    I don't need any server or similar?

    >Perhaps you're looking for a specific JAAS implementation to work with
    >whatever form of authentication you're using?

    Web-EJB application, any latter Swing access to EJB.
    So, I need some security "method" which will work in Swing-JSP-servlet-EJB,
    and it's standard.

    mrv, Feb 12, 2005
  4. mrv

    Ryan Stewart Guest

    "mrv" <> wrote in message news:cukh47$v3j$...
    >>> Do you know for any good open-source (or free) JAAS framework or API that
    >>> can be used in any Java enviroment - JSP/servlet, Swing/AWT....?

    >> I've done only a little research on it, but my understanding is that JAAS
    >> *is* a framework. You just have to write the authentication code.

    > So, I can use it with JDK 1.4.2?
    > I don't need any server or similar?
    >
    >>Perhaps you're looking for a specific JAAS implementation to work with
    >>whatever form of authentication you're using?

    > Web-EJB application, any latter Swing access to EJB.
    > So, I need some security "method" which will work in Swing-JSP-servlet-EJB,
    > and it's standard.

    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/security/jaas/tutorials/

    JAAS is still evolving toward webapp usage. You'll have to play with it some and
    maybe look around Google for some links. The main problem I think is that J2EE
    container managed security is somewhat platform dependent. I know that Tomcat
    has built in JAAS support, but using it will make your application non-portable
    to other containers.

    Ryan Stewart, Feb 14, 2005