Any Good tools to create CSV Files?

johnny

Any Good tools to create CSV Files? ReportLab only creates pdf
files. I need something to create CSV files.

Thank you.

Carsten Haese

Any Good tools to create CSV Files? ReportLab only creates pdf
files. I need something to create CSV files.

You mean something like the csv module that is part of Python's standard
library?
Help on module csv:

NAME
csv - CSV parsing and writing.

FILE
/usr/lib/python2.4/csv.py

MODULE DOCS
http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-csv.html

DESCRIPTION
This module provides classes that assist in the reading and writing
of Comma Separated Value (CSV) files [...]

-Carsten

Bart Willems

Carsten said:
You mean something like the csv module that is part of Python's standard
library?

You have to admit, the module name is not really intuitive... :)

Aahz

You mean something like the csv module that is part of Python's standard
library?

In all fairness, the csv module is new in Python 2.3, and I'm sure I'm
not the only person still using Python 2.2 for production.
--
Aahz ([email protected]) <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"...string iteration isn't about treating strings as sequences of strings,
it's about treating strings as sequences of characters. The fact that
characters are also strings is the reason we have problems, but characters
are strings for other good reasons." --Aahz

Bart Willems

Aahz said:
In all fairness, the csv module is new in Python 2.3, and I'm sure I'm
not the only person still using Python 2.2 for production.
That is true, on the other hand, Reportlab is made for at least Python
2.4, "although it will work with 2.3" - so he has 2.3 at least :)

John Machin

In all fairness, the csv module is new in Python 2.3, and I'm sure I'm
not the only person still using Python 2.2 for production.

In all fairness to those making ironic comments, the OP has given no
indication that he is bound to an old version of Python.

The Object-Craft csv extension module (ancestor of the Python csv
module) has been available since October 2000. It still shows up in
Google [it's the 3rd result if one searches for "python csv"] and has
the source available for download -- there are even Windows binaries
(.pyd) for Python 2.1 and 2.2.

In all fairness to the OP, perhaps he has never heard of search engines,
or perhaps he has no ARPA^H^H^H^HInternet access.

Aahz

That is true, on the other hand, Reportlab is made for at least Python
2.4, "although it will work with 2.3" - so he has 2.3 at least :)

I've been using ReportLab since the 2.1 days, if not farther back.