    get that from??(i was searching msdn2.microsoft.com.can't find
    anything useful)

    , Jun 14, 2007

  2. Ian Collins Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi guys!!!
    > I wish to learn microsoft visual c++ 6.0.

    Why learn something so old?

    You'll have to ask on a VS list for more information.

    --
    Ian Collins.

    Ian Collins, Jun 14, 2007

  3. Zeppe Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi guys!!!
    > I wish to learn microsoft visual c++ 6.0.
    > I have learnt c++.I cant get any tutorials/ebooks which i can rely on.
    > any suggestions??

    Yes, throw away that that compiler!

    Please, refer to a microsoft newsgroup, and consider that "learn visual
    c++" is very vague. You may want to learn to use some libraries, the
    microsoft api for example, or MFC (and I would discourage you to do so),
    etc.

    Keep in mind that "i've learnt c++" is not a wise claim. It depends on
    what degree of knowledge have you got, actually. You never stop learning
    new things :)

    > and i dont have MSDN installed and 'The MSDN collection'.where do i
    > get that from??(i was searching msdn2.microsoft.com.can't find
    > anything useful)

    Use the online version, it's the most updated. Otherwise, you'll get it
    from a shop I suppose.

    Hint: check out http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/
    (great and free (as beer) compiler you can also add the windows sdk to
    program with the windows api and have the msdn, but sorry, no MFC - try
    QT if you want to program GUI)

    Regards,

    Zeppe

    Zeppe, Jun 15, 2007