    results, which is really a confusion to me.

    Are there any good XML validation tool to introduce?

    , Dec 14, 2007

  2. Pavel Lepin Guest

    <> wrote in
    <>:
    > I'm now using STG XML validation tool to validate my XML
    > files through uploading.
    > But, STG can not include local DTD files.
    > Also, testing XML files on Firefox and IE always lead to
    > inconsistent results, which is really a confusion to me.
    >
    > Are there any good XML validation tool to introduce?

    xmllint is a command-line validating parser that comes with
    libxml2 package. It supports validation using DTDs, W3C XML
    Schemata and RELAX NG schema definitions. If you're running
    Linux, it's very likely you already have this package
    installed. If you're on a Windows box, libxml2 is in
    Cygwin's packages collection.

    --
    ....also, I submit that we all must honourably commit seppuku
    right now rather than serve the Dark Side by producing the

    Pavel Lepin, Dec 14, 2007

    On Dec 14, 2:12 am, wrote:
    > Are there any good XML validation tool to introduce?

    I just use Xerces. (That is, when I'm not actively debugging an XML
    parsing/validation framework.)

    Any good validating XML parser should come with a simple standalone
    driver which will let you parse/validate a file from the command line.
    If you want to redirect a DTD URI which normally retrieves from the
    net so it instead reads a local file (rather than changing the URI to
    point locally), most will let you plug in a resolver which does so.
    See the parser's documentation.

    , Dec 19, 2007
  4. On 19 Dez. 2007, 05:00, wrote:
    > On Dec 14, 2:12 am, wrote:
    >
    > > Are there any goodXMLvalidationtoolto introduce?

    > I just use Xerces. (That is, when I'm not actively debugging anXML
    > parsing/validationframework.)
    >
    > Any good validatingXMLparser should come with a simple standalone
    > driver which will let you parse/validate a file from the command line.

    You can use ValidatorBuddy 2.2 to validate (multiple) XML files from
    the Windows File Explorer using Xerces-C 2.7 (and also others like
    AltovaXML). Afterwards you get a dialog with a detailed report showing
    all errors where you can open the file(s) and/or copy the error report
    to the clipboard as XML.

    Read more about the tool here: http://www.spycomponents.com/ValidatorBuddy.htm

    Regards, Ewa

    ValidatorBuddy, Jan 17, 2008