Any hints why Firefox won't honor target=_top?

?

.._..

I have an iFrame created to get around a flakey server that sends content to
the main page. (Not mine, can't do anything about it.)

The idea being, when the flakey server times out, it doesn't cause the
remainder of the page to load, but instead is just an empty box.

The iFramed page has a JavaScript in it, that pulls a form from the remote
server, and uses a form button to have the user interact with it. I have no
control over that script... it's on the other server.

In IE, Safari, and Chrome the target="_top" tag is honored so the contents
of the response from the remote server is displayed on the next page when
the button is pushed. In FireFox, the content is displayed in the iFrame,
which of course is unreadable.

I have target tags on both the iFrame tag and the framed page. Neither
works in FireFox where other browsers deal with it as expected. I believe
the problem is specific to the form button, wherein FireFox does not honor
the "target" tag in the surrounding files for form buttons.

I got around this by adding yet another JavaScript to "break out of" the
frame, but that is the long way around.

So, does anybody know if there is a way to get FireFox to honor the "base
target" tag on a form button without changing the code in the button? I'd
like a more elegant solution to this. I already tried modifying the way I
quote the "base target" and iFrame tags.

rf

..._.. said:
[...]

Of course there is absolutely no way you are going to tell us where this
page lives, is there. It'd be way too easy then to be able to spot your
obvious error.

?

.._..

rf said:
Of course there is absolutely no way you are going to tell us where this
page lives, is there. It'd be way too easy then to be able to spot your
obvious error.

Well then. Now that your e-penis is properly flexed.

How's that lack of civil rights, lack of free speech, right to self defense,
government monitored internet and genocide going for ya mate?

Maybe you should direct your anger there.

Jukka K. Korpela

..._.. said:
Well then. Now that your e-penis is properly flexed.

How's that lack of civil rights, lack of free speech, right to self
defense, government monitored internet and genocide going for ya mate?

Maybe you should direct your anger there.

It seems that we cannot explain your behavior as mere stupidity anymore,
after that anonymous attack on someone whose only mistake was fullquoting.

So thank &Deity; you were also stupid enough not to post a URL but instead
attacked a person who made that sensible suggestion. This way, nobody wasted
much time in trying to help you.

Neredbojias

Well then. Now that your e-penis is properly flexed.

How's that lack of civil rights, lack of free speech, right to self
defense, government monitored internet and genocide going for ya
mate?

Maybe you should direct your anger there.

It ain't "anger", it's "angst". There's a lot of angst 'round here.
Comes from beer, I think.