    parts in each page manually. I need links of frame work or tool asap,
    Please I prefer a free tools which is as simple as possible.

    Thanks.
    Googy, Mar 2, 2007

  2. Googy

    Rik Guest

    Googy <> wrote:
    > I need to prepare a bunch of static html pages, and they all have lot
    > of common content parts, so I need a tool that can assemble all these
    > common parts in the end so I don't need to manually insert common
    > parts in each page manually. I need links of frame work or tool asap,
    > Please I prefer a free tools which is as simple as possible.

    SSI?

    --
    Rik Wasmus
    Rik, Mar 2, 2007

  3. Googy

    Googy Guest

    On Mar 2, 11:24 pm, Rik <> wrote:
    > Googy <> wrote:
    > > I need to prepare a bunch of static html pages, and they all have lot
    > > of common content parts, so I need a tool that can assemble all these
    > > common parts in the end so I don't need to manually insert common
    > > parts in each page manually. I need links of frame work or tool asap,
    > > Please I prefer a free tools which is as simple as possible.

    > SSI?
    >
    > --
    > Rik Wasmus

    Thanks for ur reply, I don't need SSI all I need is a command line
    tool or gui tool that can assemble files by identifying markers like
    what php smarty do except that It should generate html files and save
    them to destination folder. I hope you now understand it.
    Googy, Mar 2, 2007
  4. Googy

    Googy Guest

    def readFile(filename)
    return "" if not File.exists?(filename)
    contents = ""
    begin
    file = File.new(filename)
    while(line = file.readline)
    contents += line
    end
    rescue EOFError
    file.close
    end
    return contents
    end

    def gen (infile)
    incontents = readFile(infile)
    markers = []
    incontents.scan(/<<(.*?)>>/) {|filename| markers << filename.to_s}
    for filename in markers
    markcon = gen(filename)
    incontents = incontents.gsub(Regexp.new('<<'+filename+">>"),
    markcon) if not markcon.nil?
    end

    return incontents
    end

    def process (infile)
    outfile =""
    infile.scan(/(.*?).tel/){|outname| outfile = outname.to_s+".html"}
    puts "Output file: "+outfile
    ofile = File.new(outfile, "w")
    ofile << gen(infile)
    ofile.close
    end

    Here is simple ruby code that I came up with in 1 hr. It just saved
    lot of time for me. It can't handle recursive file includes.

    File include syntax "<<include file name>>"

    just give the input filename to process function.

    Thanks anyways.

    Bye.
    Googy, Mar 2, 2007
  5. Googy

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    "Googy" <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I need to prepare a bunch of static html pages, and they all have lot
    > of common content parts, so I need a tool that can assemble all these
    > common parts in the end so I don't need to manually insert common
    > parts in each page manually. I need links of frame work or tool asap,
    > Please I prefer a free tools which is as simple as possible.
    >
    > Thanks.

    You could take a deko at:

    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preprocessor>

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Mar 2, 2007
  6. dorayme wrote:

    > You could take a deko at:

    What's deko? Is it Martian?

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Mar 2, 2007
  7. Googy

    dorayme Guest

    In article <e9d31$45e89db6$40cba7b4$>,
    "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:

    > dorayme wrote:
    >
    > > You could take a deko at:

    > What's deko? Is it Martian?

    "deko" is my mispelling of the Australian expression "decko"
    which means to "look".

    Sometimes, especially in rude contexts, it is combined with
    "ringside", either explicitly or implicitly, as in

    "Mate, did she get a ringside of your tattoo?"

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Mar 2, 2007