    Does anybody find "HTML for Dummies" book usefull ?
    I'm wondering is it worth 10$. I read reviews on web and they say thet
    there are very little examples of code (and I need that mostly)
    BOOGIEMAN, Jan 28, 2005

  2. BOOGIEMAN wrote:
    > I want to start learning HTML and I'm thinking of buying some book.
    > Since there isn't much books about html published in my country

    Where are you posting from?

    > I'm wondering are there any good tutorials (guides) available for download ?
    > I prefer PDF format so I can easily print it.

    Printing a book is more expensive than buying it! But the W3C
    Recommendation is available in several different formats, including
    plain text, HTML, Postscript and PDF: <http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/>.

    > Does anybody find "HTML for Dummies" book usefull ?

    Not really. It doesn't have enough information in it.

    Matthias
    --
    Swiss Blogs:
    http://www.blog.ch/
    Matthias Gutfeldt, Jan 28, 2005

  3. BOOGIEMAN

    BOOGIEMAN Guest

    On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:39:52 +0100, Matthias Gutfeldt wrote:

    > BOOGIEMAN wrote:
    >> I want to start learning HTML and I'm thinking of buying some book.
    >> Since there isn't much books about html published in my country

    > Where are you posting from?

    Serbia

    >> I'm wondering are there any good tutorials (guides) available for download ?
    >> I prefer PDF format so I can easily print it.

    > Printing a book is more expensive than buying it! But the W3C
    > Recommendation is available in several different formats, including
    > plain text, HTML, Postscript and PDF: <http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/>.
    >

    >> Does anybody find "HTML for Dummies" book usefull ?

    > Not really. It doesn't have enough information in it.

    Thanks for info, I think I'm going to buy this book :

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_1/102-0198806-3783371?v=glance&s=books

    according to reviewers it looks promising
    BOOGIEMAN, Jan 28, 2005