Any idea about generating SAIF files ?

New to Power Analysis

Hi

Is this the correct forum if I want to learn something about writing
forward and backward SAIF files. Is it also correct that these files
are extremely useful while calculating the power that would be
consumed by my design ?

I have more questions, but let me first check if I am at right place.

Thanks
Learning Power Analysis

Jon Beniston

Hi

Is this the correct forum if I want to learn something about writing
forward and backward SAIF files. Is it also correct that these files
are extremely useful while calculating the power that would be
consumed by my design ?

They are. There is some good information about this in the Design
Compiler documentation.

Cheers,
JonB

new.power.analysis

Thanks for the info, Jon.

But I am stuck aain. I tried googling for this "Design Compiler
Documentation"...
but did not find anything which talked about SAIF. There were a few
articles related
to some scripting and other commands.

Is this available at some specific site/URL ?

Regards

Jon Beniston

Thanks for the info, Jon.

But I am stuck aain. I tried googling for this "Design Compiler
Documentation"...
but did not find anything which talked about SAIF. There were a few
articles related
to some scripting and other commands.

Is this available at some specific site/URL ?

The Synopsys Solvnet web site. You have a license to use their tools
of course. What tools are you trying to do your power analysis with?

Cheers,
Jon