    I have more questions, but let me first check if I am at right place.

    Thanks
    Learning Power Analysis
    New to Power Analysis, Oct 20, 2004

  2. New to Power Analysis

    Jon Beniston Guest

    (New to Power Analysis) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi
    >
    > Is this the correct forum if I want to learn something about writing
    > forward and backward SAIF files. Is it also correct that these files
    > are extremely useful while calculating the power that would be
    > consumed by my design ?

    They are. There is some good information about this in the Design
    Compiler documentation.

    Cheers,
    JonB
    Jon Beniston, Oct 21, 2004

  3. New to Power Analysis

    Guest

    Thanks for the info, Jon.

    But I am stuck aain. I tried googling for this "Design Compiler
    Documentation"...
    but did not find anything which talked about SAIF. There were a few
    articles related
    to some scripting and other commands.

    Is this available at some specific site/URL ?

    Regards

    > > Hi
    > >
    > > Is this the correct forum if I want to learn something about

    writing
    > > forward and backward SAIF files. Is it also correct that these

    files
    > > are extremely useful while calculating the power that would be
    > > consumed by my design ?

    > They are. There is some good information about this in the Design
    > Compiler documentation.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > JonB
    , Oct 21, 2004
  4. New to Power Analysis

    Jon Beniston Guest

    "" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Thanks for the info, Jon.
    >
    > But I am stuck aain. I tried googling for this "Design Compiler
    > Documentation"...
    > but did not find anything which talked about SAIF. There were a few
    > articles related
    > to some scripting and other commands.
    >
    > Is this available at some specific site/URL ?

    The Synopsys Solvnet web site. You have a license to use their tools
    of course. What tools are you trying to do your power analysis with?

    Cheers,
    Jon
    Jon Beniston, Oct 22, 2004