    Some data here

    *******************End of File*****************************

    Can you let me know how can i do that using Python?

    Morten Engvoldsen, Feb 9, 2013

  2. Morten Engvoldsen

    rusi Guest

    Re: Any idea how i can format my output file with ********************Startfile*********************** usinf Python 2.7

    On Feb 9, 7:27 pm, Morten Engvoldsen <> wrote:
    > Hi Team,
    > I Have saved my output in .doc file and want to format the output with
    >
    > *************Start the File ************************
    >
    > Some data here
    >
    > *******************End of File*****************************
    >
    > Can you let me know how can i do that using Python?

    If it were not for the doc file type, its a couple of lines of code to
    do what you are asking.

    With doc files however its a bit of a headache.
    MSOffice doesn't script with python (as far as I know).
    Best to use whatever it allows -- VBA I guess
    Libreoffice allows a number of different scripting options including
    python -- all poorly documented and obsolete.
    eg http://www.openoffice.org/udk/python/scriptingframework/

    rusi, Feb 9, 2013

  3. Morten Engvoldsen

    Terry Reedy Guest

    On 2/9/2013 11:21 AM, rusi wrote:
    > On Feb 9, 7:27 pm, Morten Engvoldsen <> wrote:
    >> Hi Team,
    >> I Have saved my output in .doc file and want to format the output with
    >>
    >> *************Start the File ************************
    >>
    >> Some data here
    >>
    >> *******************End of File*****************************
    >>
    >> Can you let me know how can i do that using Python?

    > If it were not for the doc file type, its a couple of lines of code to
    > do what you are asking.
    >
    > With doc files however its a bit of a headache.
    > MSOffice doesn't script with python (as far as I know).

    It can be with the pythonwin extensions.

    > Best to use whatever it allows -- VBA I guess
    > Libreoffice allows a number of different scripting options including
    > python -- all poorly documented and obsolete.
    > eg http://www.openoffice.org/udk/python/scriptingframework/

    LibreOffice 4.0.0, released 2 days ago, upgrades the bundled Python from
    2.6 (itself an upgrade) to 3.3!
    https://www.libreoffice.org/download/4-0-new-features-and-fixes/

    One new addition, also from the above
    '''
    "LibreLogo" vector graphics language: Logo toolbar and interpreter

    Logoposter en.jpg Turtlegraphics.png Logochessboard.png

    The lightweight implementation (1400 lines in Python-PyUNO) uses the
    embedded Python to give a simplified programming interface to the
    excellent vector graphics of LibreOffice for graphic design and
    education (including teaching of word processing). ...
    '''
    I am hoping the PyUNO doc will see improvement.

    --
    Terry Jan Reedy

    Terry Reedy, Feb 9, 2013