Any idea how i can format my output file with********************Start file*********************** u

Morten Engvoldsen

Hi Team,
I Have saved my output in .doc file and want to format the output with

*************Start the File ************************

Some data here

*******************End of File*****************************

Can you let me know how can i do that using Python?

rusi

Hi Team,
I Have saved my output in .doc file and want to format the output with

*************Start the File ************************

Some data here

*******************End of File*****************************

Can you let me know how can i do that using Python?

If it were not for the doc file type, its a couple of lines of code to
do what you are asking.

With doc files however its a bit of a headache.
MSOffice doesn't script with python (as far as I know).
Best to use whatever it allows -- VBA I guess
Libreoffice allows a number of different scripting options including
python -- all poorly documented and obsolete.
eg http://www.openoffice.org/udk/python/scriptingframework/

Terry Reedy

If it were not for the doc file type, its a couple of lines of code to
do what you are asking.

With doc files however its a bit of a headache.
MSOffice doesn't script with python (as far as I know).

It can be with the pythonwin extensions.
Best to use whatever it allows -- VBA I guess
Libreoffice allows a number of different scripting options including
python -- all poorly documented and obsolete.
eg http://www.openoffice.org/udk/python/scriptingframework/

LibreOffice 4.0.0, released 2 days ago, upgrades the bundled Python from
2.6 (itself an upgrade) to 3.3!
https://www.libreoffice.org/download/4-0-new-features-and-fixes/

One new addition, also from the above
'''
"LibreLogo" vector graphics language: Logo toolbar and interpreter

Logoposter en.jpg Turtlegraphics.png Logochessboard.png

The lightweight implementation (1400 lines in Python-PyUNO) uses the
embedded Python to give a simplified programming interface to the
excellent vector graphics of LibreOffice for graphic design and
education (including teaching of word processing). ...
'''
I am hoping the PyUNO doc will see improvement.