    snipts, almost a win/linus Textmate.
    But SciTE-ru abcent ruby supporting. How could made it support ruby?
    Thanks for any suggestion.

    Rk Ch, Mar 22, 2010

  2. Rk Ch

    Kyle Schmitt Guest

    Umm. Dude, SciTE supports ruby pretty darned well already. So well
    that the windows distribution of ruby comes with a SciTE binary.

    Well, it did last time I installed it on windows, but that was awhile ago...
    I use SciTE on linux frequently for small scripts.

    Kyle Schmitt, Mar 23, 2010

  3. Rk Ch

    rahegge Guest

    Rk Ch wrote:
    > SciTE-ru is a custom version of SciTE developed by Russian developer.
    > It's an awesome texteditor with code autocomplete, function list,
    > snipts, almost a win/linus Textmate.
    > But SciTE-ru abcent ruby supporting. How could made it support ruby?
    > Thanks for any suggestion.

    It does support ruby, but by default, its not a language on the Language
    menu. You will need to edit the global options file, to add ruby to the
    menu. In order to have it support snippets, you will need to make a
    ruby.abbrev file, in the abbrev folder, and create the snippets
    yourself. You will also have to add these two lines to the end of the
    ruby.properties file.

    abbreviations.$(file.patterns.rb)=$(SciteDefaultHome)\abbrev\ruby.abbrev
    abbrev.ruby.auto=2

    Adam,

    rahegge, Mar 24, 2010
  4. Rk Ch

    Rogers Chang Guest

    rahegge wrote:
    > Rk Ch wrote:
    >> SciTE-ru is a custom version of SciTE developed by Russian developer.
    >> It's an awesome texteditor with code autocomplete, function list,
    >> snipts, almost a win/linus Textmate.
    >> But SciTE-ru abcent ruby supporting. How could made it support ruby?
    >> Thanks for any suggestion.
    >>

    > It does support ruby, but by default, its not a language on the Language
    > menu. You will need to edit the global options file, to add ruby to the
    > menu. In order to have it support snippets, you will need to make a
    > ruby.abbrev file, in the abbrev folder, and create the snippets
    > yourself. You will also have to add these two lines to the end of the
    > ruby.properties file.
    >
    > abbreviations.$(file.patterns.rb)=$(SciteDefaultHome)\abbrev\ruby.abbrev
    > abbrev.ruby.auto=2
    >
    > Adam,

    Exactly works as instruction!!!
    So many thanks.
    Kiss you...

    Rogers Chang, Mar 26, 2010
  5. In summary of the above, and with addition of one more change - to get
    ruby to work in scite-ru I did this:

    1. Scite-Ru > Options > Open Global Options File... ensure that the "#~"
    is taken away from the front of BOTH "#~import languages\ruby" AND
    "#~Ruby|rb||\"

    2. Create the file ruby.abbrev ie "C:\Program
    Files\SciTE\abbrev\ruby.abbrev" In here put in your ruby snippets (or
    use the other abbrev files as examples to create new snippets)

    3. Scite-Ru > Options > Edit Properties > ruby.properties and add the
    following to the end of the ruby.properties file:

    # This makes my ruby.abbrev snippet file work!
    # see adam's comment in http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/206482#new
    abbreviations.$(file.patterns.rb)=$(SciteDefaultHome)\abbrev\ruby.abbrev
    abbrev.ruby.auto=2

    Finally I saved the changes and restarted scite-ru. And it worked for
    me.

    cheers, Michelle

    Michelle Pace, Feb 10, 2011