any idea to resolve this ambigous syntax in my Spirit grammar

Discussion in 'C++' started by galopin, May 9, 2009.

  1. galopin

    galopin Guest

    Hello, i tried to write a poker hand history parser with spirit and
    everything works very well, but only if i suppose player names ar made
    of alphabetic characters without spaces.

    But player name can be made of up to 12 any character including
    spaces, except space at beginning and ending of course

    Here is the ambiguous case that i can't resolve for the moment, the
    hand history is made of a player action, one per line in form:
    1. PlayerName DoSomething (where Dosomething began with knows strings)
    2. PlayerName: DoSomething (idem but we have a ":" beetween the two
    tokens)

    Each time i try to manage player names with spaces ( and exclude more
    complicated case like name finishing by ":", one problem at a time),
    the parser take more than it should and the DoSomething rules can't be
    recognised any more.

    So if someone has clue for me?

    Thanks
    galopin, May 9, 2009