    what should we write in order to open an existing word document.

    Thanks in advance,
    nizam.
    =?Utf-8?B?bml6YW0=?=, Mar 2, 2006

  2. A Windows application runs on client. A web application runs on server,
    whereas the user is sitting thousands miles away in the front of his/her
    browser. The user won't see a word document open on the server, even if you
    manage to open it there. What you need is a link to the document on your web
    page. If the user has Word installed on the client machine, this Word will
    open the downloaded document. The link is not a must. You can get your
    server program to stream the document down to the client.

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Mar 2, 2006

  3. hi goldin,
    i have downloaded the document from net dynamically(i,e through coding) at
    the client side. now i want to open the downloaded document dynamically.
    can u give me some idea as to how to do that.

    Thanks in advance,
    nizam.

    =?Utf-8?B?bml6YW0=?=, Mar 2, 2006
  4. It is controlled on client side. I think, if the client's machine associates
    ..doc extensions with word documents, ms word should launch automatically,
    provided it is installed there.

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Mar 2, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?bml6YW0=?=

    Ray Booysen Guest

    Nizam,

    Have a look at mime-types. If you render the word document direct to
    the browser, make sure the mime types in the headers are set correctly.

    --
    Ray Booysen
    Ray Booysen, Mar 2, 2006