any idea

Guest

hi,

in windows application:inorder to open a word we write
system.diagnostics.Process.start(pathname of exe) to start a word document.

similarly,
in web application : norder to open a word what should we write.
AND
what should we write in order to open an existing word document.

Thanks in advance,
nizam.

Eliyahu Goldin

A Windows application runs on client. A web application runs on server,
whereas the user is sitting thousands miles away in the front of his/her
browser. The user won't see a word document open on the server, even if you
manage to open it there. What you need is a link to the document on your web
page. If the user has Word installed on the client machine, this Word will
open the downloaded document. The link is not a must. You can get your
server program to stream the document down to the client.

Eliyahu

Guest

hi goldin,
i have downloaded the document from net dynamically(i,e through coding) at
the client side. now i want to open the downloaded document dynamically.
can u give me some idea as to how to do that.

Thanks in advance,
nizam.

Eliyahu Goldin

It is controlled on client side. I think, if the client's machine associates
..doc extensions with word documents, ms word should launch automatically,
provided it is installed there.

Eliyahu

Ray Booysen

Nizam,

Have a look at mime-types. If you render the word document direct to
the browser, make sure the mime types in the headers are set correctly.