any libraries available to help with building email messages from a content template?

davout

I'm working on an application which has to dispatch emails for a variety of
different business use cases . The email message content should really be
driven from a template, into which I push the required data.

Are there any open source libraries available to help with type of task?

Daniel Dyer

I'm working on an application which has to dispatch emails for a variety
of
different business use cases . The email message content should really be
driven from a template, into which I push the required data.

Are there any open source libraries available to help with type of task?

How about Velocity (http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/)? The Jakarta
website seems to be down at the moment though.

Dan.

Bryce

I'm working on an application which has to dispatch emails for a variety of
different business use cases . The email message content should really be
driven from a template, into which I push the required data.

Are there any open source libraries available to help with type of task?

Velocity

jakarta.apache.org

davout

I'm building and sending the emails from inside a JBoss EJB session bean.
Velocity seems to need a web app type deployment. I don't think the two are
compatiable.

Are there any other options?

Bryce

I'm building and sending the emails from inside a JBoss EJB session bean.
Velocity seems to need a web app type deployment. I don't think the two are
compatiable.

Are there any other options?

Velocity does not need a web app type deployment. Velocity can be
easily used outside a webapp.

Therefore, there should be no issues with using JBoss EJB Sessino Bean
with Velocity.