    John Guest

    It seems to that java is evolving actively, now is version1.5. Any new
    development for C++? Is C++ mature?
    John, Oct 9, 2004

  2. John wrote:
    > It seems to that java is evolving actively, now is version1.5. Any new
    > development for C++? Is C++ mature?

    Yes, C++ is mature.

    Any other questions ? :)
    Gianni Mariani, Oct 9, 2004

  3. * John:
    > It seems to that java is evolving actively, now is version1.5.

    Wow!

    > Any new development for C++?

    C++0x (the next version of the _standard_) is still being worked on.
    It doesn't introduce generics -- we already have that... ;-)

    > Is C++ mature?

    Yes.

    --
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is it such a bad thing?
    Alf P. Steinbach, Oct 9, 2004
  4. John

    Mike Wahler Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > It seems to that java is evolving actively, now is version1.5. Any new
    > development for C++?

    Yes. Continously. The second standard for C++ has been
    released, and work is progressing on a third. See www.iso.org
    and/or visit comp.std.c++ for details.

    > Is C++ mature?

    IMO yes, it was mature even before it was standardized,
    used by many people to create production software.

    -Mike
    Mike Wahler, Oct 9, 2004
  5. John

    John Guest

    How about the future of C++, compared to Java?

    John, Oct 10, 2004
  6. John wrote:

    > How about the future of C++, compared to Java?

    With the latest Kodak patent incident, I had hoped that we would cease
    facing such insightful questions soon, but my hopes were ruined in the end.

    --
    Ioannis Vranos

    http://www23.brinkster.com/noicys
    Ioannis Vranos, Oct 10, 2004
  7. John

    Mike Wahler Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > How about the future of C++, compared to Java?

    When you find someone who can predict the future, let me know.

    If you want to ask about specific plans by the
    standardization committee for C++, see group
    comp.std.c++

    BTW please don't top-post. Thank you.

    -Mike
    Mike Wahler, Oct 10, 2004
  8. John

    John Guest

    "Mike Wahler" <> wrote in message news:<IQdad.1266$>...
    > "John" <> wrote in message
    > > How about the future of C++, compared to Java?

    > When you find someone who can predict the future, let me know.
    >
    > If you want to ask about specific plans by the
    > standardization committee for C++, see group
    > comp.std.c++
    >
    > BTW please don't top-post. Thank you.
    >
    > -Mike

    Thanks for response. I want to focus on one language and improve my
    skill. So I want to know which one is promising.

    John
    John, Oct 11, 2004
  9. Ioannis Vranos, Oct 11, 2004
  10. John

    John Guest

    Ioannis Vranos <> wrote in message news:<1097464286.984660@athnrd02>...
    > John wrote:
    >
    > > Thanks for response. I want to focus on one language and improve my
    > > skill. So I want to know which one is promising.

    > Check this about silver bullets:
    >
    > http://www.itworld.com/AppDev/710/lw-02-stroustrup/page_1.html
    >

    > This about general language features:
    >
    > http://www23.brinkster.com/noicys/docs/blk.htm