Any new development of C++

John

It seems to that java is evolving actively, now is version1.5. Any new
development for C++? Is C++ mature?

Gianni Mariani

John said:
It seems to that java is evolving actively, now is version1.5. Any new
development for C++? Is C++ mature?

Yes, C++ is mature.

Any other questions ? :)

Alf P. Steinbach

* John:
It seems to that java is evolving actively, now is version1.5.
Wow!

Any new development for C++?

C++0x (the next version of the _standard_) is still being worked on.
It doesn't introduce generics -- we already have that... ;-)

Is C++ mature?

Yes.

Mike Wahler

John said:
It seems to that java is evolving actively, now is version1.5. Any new
development for C++?

Yes. Continously. The second standard for C++ has been
released, and work is progressing on a third. See www.iso.org
and/or visit comp.std.c++ for details.
Is C++ mature?

IMO yes, it was mature even before it was standardized,
used by many people to create production software.

-Mike

John

How about the future of C++, compared to Java?

Mike Wahler said:
Yes. Continously. The second standard for C++ has been
released, and work is progressing on a third. See www.iso.org
and/or visit comp.std.c++ for details.

IMO yes, it was mature even before it was standardized,
used by many people to create production software.

-Mike

Ioannis Vranos

John said:
How about the future of C++, compared to Java?

With the latest Kodak patent incident, I had hoped that we would cease
facing such insightful questions soon, but my hopes were ruined in the end.

Mike Wahler

John said:
How about the future of C++, compared to Java?

When you find someone who can predict the future, let me know.

If you want to ask about specific plans by the
standardization committee for C++, see group
comp.std.c++

BTW please don't top-post. Thank you.

-Mike

John

Mike Wahler said:
When you find someone who can predict the future, let me know.

If you want to ask about specific plans by the
standardization committee for C++, see group
comp.std.c++

BTW please don't top-post. Thank you.

-Mike

Thanks for response. I want to focus on one language and improve my
skill. So I want to know which one is promising.

John