Any news on comp.lang.c++ newsgroup?

Andy Venikov

This question is for the moderators of comp.lang.c++

It's been down for a couple of weeks now already.
Is there any news as to when it's going to be back online?

Thanks,
Andy.

Andy Venikov

I trust you meant comp.lang.c++.moderated.

Yes, of course. Sorry.

Yes, it's painful to all of us.

We're still waiting to hear something from one of our moderators who
have access to the malfunctioning hardware/software on a much more
intimate level than the rest of us. We hope that their expertise and
rapport with the department where the server resides will help.

Sorry for not bringing any better news.

Thanks. We'll be waiting with our fingers crossed :)

Andy.

Balog Pal

Andy Venikov said:
This question is for the moderators of comp.lang.c++

do you mean comp.lang.c++.moderated ?
It's been down for a couple of weeks now already.

Indeed last post looks at Aug.30.
Is there any news as to when it's going to be back online?

Does that group provide any value over the alternatives like this one?

I mean nowadays, not in some distant past.