Any news on when some libraries will be ported to Python 3.0?

Just Another Victim of the Ambient Morality

I'm excited to use Python 3.0 (foolishly, it's the only Python
interpreter I have on my system) but there are no libraries for it beyond
the kitchen sink. Personally, a good start would be Beautiful Soup and
Mechanize. I could also use DB.
Has there been any word on Beautiful Soup?
Has there been any word on Mechanize?
What about DB?
PIL would be nice, too, now that I think about it.
Anyway, I'd love to hear some news about any of these things in
particular or even anything in general. Am I the only one who's psyched for
this version of Python?
Thank you...

Roger Binns

pruebauno

    Anyway, I'd love to hear some news about any of these things in
particular or even anything in general.  Am I the only one who's psyched for
this version of Python?
    Thank you...

There are many people psyched about 3.0, but also many older farts
that have been using Python since 1.0 and have tons of code that
already works fine and feel a little bit like the mechanic that has to
switch his tools from imperial to metric; it is overall probably for
the better but still a pain to adapt everything to the new system.
This is open source so you either have to find a way to motivate the
authors of the libraries without pissing them off, or you will have to
be patient.

Stefan Behnel

Just said:
I'm excited to use Python 3.0 (foolishly, it's the only Python
interpreter I have on my system) but there are no libraries for it beyond
the kitchen sink. Personally, a good start would be Beautiful Soup and
Mechanize. I could also use DB.
Has there been any word on Beautiful Soup?

At least for new code, you can use lxml instead. Being written (mostly) in
Cython, it compiles and works in Py3.

Stefan