    particular or even anything in general. Am I the only one who's psyched for
    this version of Python?
    Thank you...

    Just Another Victim of the Ambient Morality, Jan 7, 2009

  2. Just Another Victim of the Ambient Morality

    Roger Binns Guest

    Roger Binns, Jan 7, 2009

  3. Just Another Victim of the Ambient Morality

    Guest

    On Jan 7, 3:48 am, "Just Another Victim of the Ambient Morality"
    <> wrote:
    >     Anyway, I'd love to hear some news about any of these things in
    > particular or even anything in general.  Am I the only one who's psyched for
    > this version of Python?
    >     Thank you...

    There are many people psyched about 3.0, but also many older farts
    that have been using Python since 1.0 and have tons of code that
    already works fine and feel a little bit like the mechanic that has to
    switch his tools from imperial to metric; it is overall probably for
    the better but still a pain to adapt everything to the new system.
    This is open source so you either have to find a way to motivate the
    authors of the libraries without pissing them off, or you will have to
    be patient.

    , Jan 7, 2009
  4. Just Another Victim of the Ambient Morality wrote:
    > I'm excited to use Python 3.0 (foolishly, it's the only Python
    > interpreter I have on my system) but there are no libraries for it beyond
    > the kitchen sink. Personally, a good start would be Beautiful Soup and
    > Mechanize. I could also use DB.
    > Has there been any word on Beautiful Soup?

    At least for new code, you can use lxml instead. Being written (mostly) in
    Cython, it compiles and works in Py3.

    Stefan

    Stefan Behnel, Jan 7, 2009