Any one merged the httpd QUERYSTRING with getopt() ?

Ian Pellew

Hi All;

Has anyone toyed with the idea of merging the Querystring
sent from an httpd / web server with GetOptions::long.

It would be great to have this in a robust state as my efforts of
maintaing the two pieces of code never seem to stay in synch.

I use the command line while developing and testing. Even the sysadmin
guys run my pages from here only to find I have not kept the
Querystring in line with my Cmdlines.

I really don't think I am a match for the serious Perlmorph's as I
cringe at the thought of hacking GetOptions to non standard.

Regards
Ian

gnari

Has anyone toyed with the idea of merging the Querystring
sent from an httpd / web server with GetOptions::long.

It would be great to have this in a robust state as my efforts of
maintaing the two pieces of code never seem to stay in synch.

I use the command line while developing and testing. Even the sysadmin
guys run my pages from here only to find I have not kept the
Querystring in line with my Cmdlines.

I can only assume you are not using CGI.pm

gnari

James Willmore

Has anyone toyed with the idea of merging the Querystring
sent from an httpd / web server with GetOptions::long.

use CGI qw/:standard -debug/;

If you're using the CGI module, the 'debug' pragma will allow you to enter
key/value pairs on the command line.

<snip>

HTH

Jim