Any one merged the httpd QUERYSTRING with getopt() ?

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Ian Pellew, Nov 22, 2004.

  1. Ian Pellew

    Ian Pellew Guest

    Hi All;

    Has anyone toyed with the idea of merging the Querystring
    sent from an httpd / web server with GetOptions::long.

    It would be great to have this in a robust state as my efforts of
    maintaing the two pieces of code never seem to stay in synch.

    I use the command line while developing and testing. Even the sysadmin
    guys run my pages from here only to find I have not kept the
    Querystring in line with my Cmdlines.

    I really don't think I am a match for the serious Perlmorph's as I
    cringe at the thought of hacking GetOptions to non standard.

    Regards
    Ian

    Ian Pellew, Nov 22, 2004

  2. Ian Pellew

    gnari Guest

    "Ian Pellew" <> wrote in message

    > Has anyone toyed with the idea of merging the Querystring
    > sent from an httpd / web server with GetOptions::long.
    >
    > It would be great to have this in a robust state as my efforts of
    > maintaing the two pieces of code never seem to stay in synch.
    >
    > I use the command line while developing and testing. Even the sysadmin
    > guys run my pages from here only to find I have not kept the
    > Querystring in line with my Cmdlines.

    I can only assume you are not using CGI.pm

    gnari

    gnari, Nov 23, 2004

  3. On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:56:03 -0800, Ian Pellew wrote:

    > Has anyone toyed with the idea of merging the Querystring
    > sent from an httpd / web server with GetOptions::long.

    use CGI qw/:standard -debug/;

    If you're using the CGI module, the 'debug' pragma will allow you to enter
    key/value pairs on the command line.

    <snip>

    HTH

    Jim