Any Perl Modules to gzip and gunzip

arun

Hi ,
Is there any perl modules to compress and uncompress files, folders.

Thanks
With Regards
Arun

Constantin Wiemer

arun said:
Hi ,
Is there any perl modules to compress and uncompress files, folders.

Thanks
With Regards
Arun

You could use the PerlIO::gzip module which gives you the advantage that
it can handle compressed files transparently, i. e. if the file is
compressed it decompresses it, otherwise it just reads it.

Regards,

Constantin Wiemer

ioneabu

Whatever you use for compression, if you send a compressed file via
FTP, don't forget to switch to binary mode first, or you will get a
corrupt file at the other end. Also test your archive before deleting
the original. I know it seems off topic, but I went searching around
for other methods of compression for this reason when it was really a
simple FTP mistake.

All this was learned from the gzip home page, a great source of
information.

wana