any Properties file replacement library out there?

online.no

I need a more powerful way to configurate my system than the Properties
based files. I prefer using xml syntax, but just want to check if there
exists any good conf. libraries out there before i start with ordinary xml
parsers...i've tried jConfig - but its too simple.
e.g.:
<conf>
<container>
<module>
<relation>
<.....>
</relation>
<....>
</module>
<name="..."/>
</container>
</conf>

Adam Jenkins

Look at the java.util.prefs.* package. It provides a more powerful API
for storing preferences. It includes a reference implementation which
stores preferences as XML.

Alan Moore

I need a more powerful way to configurate my system than the Properties
based files. I prefer using xml syntax, but just want to check if there
exists any good conf. libraries out there before i start with ordinary xml
parsers...i've tried jConfig - but its too simple.
e.g.:
<conf>
<container>
<module>
<relation>
<.....>
</relation>
<....>
</module>
<name="..."/>
</container>
</conf>

How about this:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/configuration/

online.no

well, i've tested the default factory (windowsfactory) for java.util.prefs
and it uses registry - which is not interesting.
The apache commons configuration thing, i cant find any binary of...(early
stage?)
I've found a xml preferences implementation on sourceforge, not succeding
getting it up and running yet.

-Jon

nos

yes but there is a method you can
use to put the xml into a file
(and linux probably doesn't use the registry)