Any python Module for generating DocBook?

Tommy Nordgren

Do anyone on this list know of a Python module for generating DocBook
programlisting elements for programming language source code
merked with special comments.
I want to write a programming book, and want to mark significant
lines in the
source code for reference. My DocBook processing software xmlint,
xsltproc, and fop,
don't support numbering lines, when including source files via
<xi:include parse="text" ...

------
What is a woman that you forsake her, and the hearth fire and the
home acre,
to go with the old grey Widow Maker. --Kipling, harp song of the
Dane women
Tommy Nordgren
(e-mail address removed)