Any Python XML Data Binding Utilities Avaiable?

SeSe

Hi, every one, happy new year!

I am working on XML with Python. I wonder if there is any XML Schema<->
Python Object mapping tools so that we can convert one to another.
Thanks.

-SeSe

Kartic

Hi,

I have heard about and played with pyRXP (from reportlab.org) that
parses XML to pythonic objects. If you want a validating parser pyRXPu
(Unicode pyRXP, part of same distro) is recommended on xml forums.

There is another parser by 4suite.org. Never tried it.

Also check out
1. http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python?kwd=XML for Python
XML recipes
2. http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/149368 - for
an XML to Object recipe.
3. http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/298721 - an
update to the above recipe by some other pythonista.

Item #2 above did not handle multiple occurances of elements well (or
may be it was me!), for example for multiple accounts in a download XML
config file I created, only got one account instance instead of 3.
Hope this helps.

Thanks,
--Kartic

Uche Ogbuji

Sounds like generateDS is closest to what you want:

http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman/generateDS.html

If you can bind from instances only and don't need schema, see Amara
Bindery:

http://uche.ogbuji.net/tech/4Suite/amara/

Also consider Gnosis Utilities and ElementTree.

--
Uche Ogbuji Fourthought, Inc.
http://uche.ogbuji.net http://4Suite.org http://fourthought.com
Use CSS to display XML -
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/x-dw-x-xmlcss-i.html
Full XML Indexes with Gnosis -
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2004/12/08/py-xml.html
Be humble, not imperial (in design) -
http://www.adtmag.com/article.asp?id=10286UBL 1.0 -
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-think28.html
Use Universal Feed Parser to tame RSS -
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-tipufp.html
Default and error handling in XSLT lookup tables -
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-tiplook.html
A survey of XML standards -
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-stand4/
The State of Python-XML in 2004 -