    Python Object mapping tools so that we can convert one to another.
    Thanks.

    -SeSe

    SeSe, Jan 1, 2005

  2. SeSe

    Kartic Guest

    Hi,

    I have heard about and played with pyRXP (from reportlab.org) that
    parses XML to pythonic objects. If you want a validating parser pyRXPu
    (Unicode pyRXP, part of same distro) is recommended on xml forums.

    There is another parser by 4suite.org. Never tried it.

    Also check out
    1. http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python?kwd=XML for Python
    XML recipes
    2. http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/149368 - for
    an XML to Object recipe.
    3. http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/298721 - an
    update to the above recipe by some other pythonista.

    Item #2 above did not handle multiple occurances of elements well (or
    may be it was me!), for example for multiple accounts in a download XML
    config file I created, only got one account instance instead of 3.
    Hope this helps.

    Thanks,
    --Kartic

    Kartic, Jan 1, 2005

  3. SeSe

    Uche Ogbuji Guest

    Sounds like generateDS is closest to what you want:

    http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman/generateDS.html

    If you can bind from instances only and don't need schema, see Amara
    Bindery:

    http://uche.ogbuji.net/tech/4Suite/amara/

    Also consider Gnosis Utilities and ElementTree.

    --
    Uche Ogbuji Fourthought, Inc.
    http://uche.ogbuji.net http://4Suite.org http://fourthought.com
    Use CSS to display XML -
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/x-dw-x-xmlcss-i.html
    Full XML Indexes with Gnosis -
    http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2004/12/08/py-xml.html
    Be humble, not imperial (in design) -
    http://www.adtmag.com/article.asp?id=10286UBL 1.0 -
    http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-think28.html
    Use Universal Feed Parser to tame RSS -
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-tipufp.html
    Default and error handling in XSLT lookup tables -
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-tiplook.html
    A survey of XML standards -
    http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-stand4/
    The State of Python-XML in 2004 -