    zip) the name of the ACTION is called namezip.pl. But like I said that
    is as far as I got.
    Thanks in advance for any help
    Mr.G (@¿@), Mar 27, 2007

  2. Mr.G (@¿@)

    J. Gleixner Guest

    Mr.G (@¿@) wrote:
    > Hi, I have a form writen and up to the submit button is all that I can
    > go. Now what I need is a place where I can get some quick and dirty
    > cgi/peal code to collect the input. It's only two inputs (name and
    > zip) the name of the ACTION is called namezip.pl. But like I said that
    > is as far as I got.
    > Thanks in advance for any help

    For future posts, please choose a more descriptive subject.

    perldoc CGI
    J. Gleixner, Mar 27, 2007

  3. On Mar 27, 2:45 pm, "Mr.G (@¿@)" <> wrote:
    > Hi, I have a form writen and up to the submit button is all that I can
    > go. Now what I need is a place where I can get some quick and dirty
    > cgi/peal code to collect the input. It's only two inputs (name and
    > zip) the name of the ACTION is called namezip.pl. But like I said that
    > is as far as I got.
    > Thanks in advance for any help

    Check out the CGI module.

    http://search.cpan.org/~lds/CGI.pm-3.27/CGI.pm

    Pay particular attention to the param() method.
    it_says_BALLS_on_your forehead, Mar 27, 2007
  4. Mr.G (@¿@) <> wrote:

    > Now what I need is a place where I can get some quick and dirty
    > cgi/peal code

    Then post to the peal newsgroup.

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming
    Tad McClellan, Mar 27, 2007
  5. Mr.G (@¿@)

    Mr.G (@¿@) Guest

    On Mar 27, 12:56 pm, "it_says_BALLS_on_your forehead"
    <> wrote:
    > On Mar 27, 2:45 pm, "Mr.G (@¿@)" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi, I have a form writen and up to the submit button is all that I can
    > > go. Now what I need is a place where I can get some quick and dirty
    > > cgi/peal code to collect the input. It's only two inputs (name and
    > > zip) the name of the ACTION is called namezip.pl. But like I said that
    > > is as far as I got.
    > > Thanks in advance for any help

    > Check out the CGI module.
    >
    > http://search.cpan.org/~lds/CGI.pm-3.27/CGI.pm
    >
    > Pay particular attention to the param() method.

    Thanks for a look at that code but mine is HTML input that passes it
    on to cgi that will in turn give it to a perl program to make a file.
    Mr.G (@¿@), Mar 28, 2007
  6. Mr.G (@¿@)

    Mr.G (@¿@) Guest

    On Mar 27, 3:57 pm, Tad McClellan <> wrote:
    > Mr.G (@¿@) <> wrote:
    > > Now what I need is a place where I can get some quick and dirty
    > > cgi/peal code

    > Then post to the peal newsgroup.
    >
    > --
    > Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    > Perl programming
    > Fort Worth, Texas

    sorry for the misspelling but cgi can also use the c lang. to pass it
    to.
    Mr.G (@¿@), Mar 28, 2007
  7. Mr.G (@¿@)

    Uri Guttman Guest

    G> On Mar 27, 3:57 pm, Tad McClellan <> wrote:
    >> Mr.G (@¿@) <> wrote:
    >> > Now what I need is a place where I can get some quick and dirty
    >> > cgi/peal code

    >> Then post to the peal newsgroup.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    >> Perl programming
    >> Fort Worth, Texas

    G> sorry for the misspelling but cgi can also use the c lang. to pass it
    G> to.

    cgi can use any language as it is an interface specification and not a
    language specification. and your previous post made no sense either. why
    would you run a perl cgi and then hand off to another perl script? you
    don't seem to understand the basics of cgi and how perl (or any lang)
    works with it. the cgi.pm module does what you want even if you say
    otherwise. by using it you can get the params passed in from the browser
    and do whatever you want with them.

    uri

    Uri Guttman, Mar 28, 2007