Any reason 'Core API Docs' include non-core classes?

Gyoung-Yoon Noh

Hi,

I have wondered why 'Core API Docs'[1] include non-core classes following:

Abbrev
Benchmark
Benchmark::Tms
CGI
ConditionVariable
Find
Logger
Logger::Application
Logger::Error
Logger::LogDevice
Logger::Severity
Logger::ShiftingError
Matrix
Mutex
Observable
Pathname
Queue
Set
Shellwords
Singleton
SingletonClassMethods
SizedQueue
SortedSet
Tempfile
ThreadsWait
Vector
YAML

Any reason why those classes are included in 'Core API Docs'?

[1]: http://ruby-doc.org/core/

James Britt

Gyoung-Yoon Noh said:
Hi,

I have wondered why 'Core API Docs'[1] include non-core classes following:

Any reason why those classes are included in 'Core API Docs'?

Coincidence? The core rdocs are the result of running rdoc over the
main source dir. There are few things in there that are not actually
core libs, but get pulled into the rdoc anyway.

I would much prefer if all classes/modules were in the same rdoc space,
with the docs for each file indicating what, if any, 'require' call is
needed, but rdoc is fairly limited.

One should not have to know if a library is part of the core API or the
standard library or some middle world in order to use the rdocs for the
standard distro.

James

http://www.30secondrule.com - Building Better Tools