Any reason for having no module exclusion functionality in R

Yurii Rashkovskii

Hello,

May be I am missing something (since I am not MRI hacker), but why
there is no module exclusion functionality — i.e. you can extend
object with module, but can't reverse this operation? Any specific
reason for this decision?

I've just sketched simplistic implementation for this kind of
functionality (http://pastie.org/185000) and really wondering why
there is no such stuff in MRI.

Again, am I missing something?

Yurii.

Pit Capitain

2008/4/22 Yurii Rashkovskii said:
May be I am missing something (since I am not MRI hacker), but why
there is no module exclusion functionality =97 i.e. you can extend
object with module, but can't reverse this operation? Any specific
reason for this decision?

I've just sketched simplistic implementation for this kind of
functionality (http://pastie.org/185000) and really wondering why
there is no such stuff in MRI.

Interesting, Yurii. Maybe you should ask on ruby-core?

Regards,
Pit

Pit Capitain

2008/4/23 Yurii Rashkovskii said:
I'd be happy to =97 but I can't subscribe to ruby-core, neither by email
or through web form =97 I get no response from mailing list software.

Yurii, if you don't mind I could forward it to ruby-core.

Regards,
Pit