    Any Software can change Python source code to Delphi ?
    thx

    --

    PythonMan, Jul 28, 2003

  2. writes:

    > Joe Francia wrote:
    >>
    >> PythonMan wrote:
    >> > Any Software can change Python source code to Delphi ?
    >> > thx
    >> >

    >> You might find an easier time of it to embed your Python in Delphi, or,
    >> even better, write a Python extension with Delphi:
    >>
    >> http://www.atug.com/andypatterns/pythonDelphiTalk.htm
    >> http://membres.lycos.fr/marat/delphi/python.htm
    >>

    > Anyone have any ideas about how to package one of these pythondelphi
    > apps to be easy to deploy and be convenient to the end user? I'm
    > guessing that since python isn't on top, McMillan's installer and
    > py2exe won't handle it.

    You could write a small, fake module importing the stuff that the
    library needs. If you then run py2exe with the -k (--keep-temp) option,
    it doesn't delete its own build tree. You will find there a xxx.zip
    file, containing all the modules needed (plus a few scripts which you
    can ignore). If you use Python 2.3, just add the zip-file's name to
    sys.path, and you are done.

    Thomas

    Thomas Heller, Jul 29, 2003

  3. PythonMan

    Borcis Guest

    Joe Francia wrote:
    > PythonMan wrote:
    >
    >> Any Software can change Python source code to Delphi ?
    >> thx
    >>

    > You might find an easier time of it to embed your Python in Delphi, or,

    Beats me that people keep trying to achieve (necessarily idiomatic)
    machine translation of human languages, while the (clearly easier)
    problem of idiomatically translating between computer languages
    looks too hard for serious attention.

    Borcis, Jul 29, 2003
  4. "Thomas Heller" <> wrote in message
    > writes:

    > You could write a small, fake module importing the stuff that the
    > library needs. If you then run py2exe with the -k (--keep-temp) option,
    > it doesn't delete its own build tree. You will find there a xxx.zip
    > file, containing all the modules needed (plus a few scripts which you
    > can ignore). If you use Python 2.3, just add the zip-file's name to
    > sys.path, and you are done.

    That's what I need too, thanks for posting this info.

    I have an DLL that embeds and extends Python23.dll, but I want to package up
    all the "standard python .py" as .pyo files in a zip and I'm looking for an
    easy way to resolve imports. This looks like it will get me most of the way
    there!

    Brad Clements, Jul 29, 2003